What To Use??

Decorating By kkswmmr114 Updated 6 May 2008 , 1:02pm by kkswmmr114

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:43am
post #1 of 4

So what is used to paint on cakes?? I have seen this alot of and I know they use it on Ace of Cakes alot as well. I would like to use it but I have no clue even what it is. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Marlee

3 replies
kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:50am
post #2 of 4

Hi Marlee
There seem to be a few things to use to paint on cakes. Others will give you more answers, but I know there is edible paint to use. You can use it with a brush, or in a air brush if you have one. You can do a search like on here, or like on Global Sugar Art for such products. Good luck and keep baking!!
Kathy

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:51am
post #3 of 4

Hey Marlee! I paint on my cakes (by hand) with my Americolor paste(icing colors) and a small brush- straight from the bottle. If I need the color to show up better (i.e.- not just black), I mix the color with vodka until I get the right consistency/color. The vodka will dry quickly and not leave any taste behind.

If you have/get an airbrush, several companies make edible paint to spray onto the cakes (such as Kopy Kake and Americolor).

HTH!!!

-Michelle

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much!! I have also heard that icing colors with cocoa butter would work. Has anyone tried that??

Marlee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%