Has Anyone Been To The New York Cake Supply Store In Nyc?

Decorating By korensmommy Updated 7 May 2008 , 3:36am by C-Lady

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:37am
post #1 of 10

Going home to N.Y. (yea!) for a visit and was wondering if it's worth stopping by. Have a non cake decorating friend tell me it was big but expensive.
Here is the site: http://www.nycake.com/index.asp
Thanks!

9 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:38am
post #2 of 10

I'll send you a PM.

Theresa icon_smile.gif - New Yorker transplanted to Allentown, PA

C-Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
C-Lady Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:25am
post #3 of 10

I live in Jersey but I'm actually going there tomorrow. Your friend is right, it's more expensive than what you see online, but considering you have to pay shipping, you'd probably end up spending the same amount. I go there when I'm in the City only to pick up a few thing; they do have a pretty good selection.

Welcome home!

korensmommy Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:26am
post #4 of 10

Thanks, I'll check for it.

korensmommy Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 10

Thanks C-Lady! I'm bringing my 4 1/2 year old with me to sightsee and just wanted to make sure it was worth dragging him into the store. He loves to shop & loves cake so he won't complain too much!
Can't wait to get back to the North!

C-Lady Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:40am
post #6 of 10

Just a bit of warning. They are not the nices people you could meet, but if you can get pass that, you'll like the store. Also, the store is really crowded. The isles are so small and you'll have to manuver around to get from place to place...oh yeah, that's kind of how the City is and your a New Yorker, you'll manuver fine.

Have a safe and great trip home.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:56am
post #7 of 10

Gotta check that out the next time I go into the city I'm in Brooklyn)

korensmommy Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:04pm
post #8 of 10

C-Lady, so what you're saying is I should feel like my old New York self in the store?!?!
just_for_fun, I will be going home at the end of July and let you know how my experience in the store went. If you go before then, please give me a report!

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 10

I think it's worth the trip. As for expensive - hey it's NY, what isn't?

C-Lady Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #10 of 10

korensmommy, go in armed and ready! Seriously, you'll love the store; you'll be like a little kid walking into her first candy store. My plans changes and I didn't go today, but I'll be going on Thursday. It's always the same when I go, they're grumpy and I just laugh at them. The last time I was there I even made the owner laugh at himself. He was trying not to, but he knew what I was saying was true. I say things to him like, "wow, the cake supply business is really rough, huh." "These damb cake people, you can never please them."

Again, you'll love it. Do let me know about you adventure there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%