disneynutbsv Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:39pm
post #1 of

I haven't done candy in a long time and I forgot!! Do I need to spray the mold with cooking spray?

4 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:55pm
post #2 of

I never spray mine. I'd be afraid the chocolate would sieze...

disneynutbsv Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of

Thanks!

BlakesCakes Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:28pm
post #4 of

I don't wash my chocolate molds and when I use one for molding chocolates, I "polish" the cavities with a cotton ball. I find that doing this (learned in a chocolate class at Wilton) gives me nice shiny chocolates that release easily.

HTH
Rae

LynnieH Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:45pm
post #5 of

you don't need to spray with anything. Chocolate has its own oils, and canies should release quite easily. After molding, we simply rinse with water, and wipe clean with a paper towel so as not to remove any of the natural oils in the chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%