What Is Your Best From Scratch Recipe?

Baking By Katied75 Updated 5 May 2008 , 12:33am by Katied75

Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 4 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 5

If you don't want to post it for everybody to read, but are willing to share with a mom in MA, please pm me! I started a search of the net for a few different cakes, fillings, and icings, and ended up with a million sites claiming their recipe was best. I can't possibly try them all, but I do want my cakes to be from scratch.

So, if you're willing to share any of your from scratch recipes I'd appreciate it... the more the better!

Katie

4 replies
shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 5

This is one of my favorites. Also in my book it's pretty "healthy" or at least relative to all the other cake recipes out there. So now I can enjoy all the more of it, right? icon_smile.gif

Moist Chocolate Cake

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with cooking spray.

Comine the sugar, flours, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir in the boiling water.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until top springs back to touch.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 5
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #4 of 5

Mine is my chocolate desire cake -- the one that gets me all the marriage proposals (just what I need!) icon_rolleyes.gif I'd share it with you but then you'd want to marry me too... icon_lol.gif

Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:33am
post #5 of 5

LOL Bob, well I am already married and I've got Wentworth Miller next on my list. If you do want to share the recipe though, I might decide to put you next in line.

Thanks everybody.

Katie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%