Thank You!

Decorating By masarost Updated 4 May 2008 , 3:13am by butterflywings

masarost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masarost Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 11

I'm always amazed by the tips that are shared on this site - even simple tips always come in handy. I haven't made roses for a year or so now, but I thought I'd try it again using a tip learned here: use a Hershey's kiss for the centre of the rose - wow how easy! Thanks to whoever posted that tip I really do appreciate learning from everybody!

10 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 11

I am a total addict! There is so much you can learn here - my house has neer been dirtier icon_biggrin.gif

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:12am
post #3 of 11

I know what you mean. The only room that gets cleaned is the kitchen. I had to actually schedule time to clean the rest of my house. icon_wink.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:14am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by masarost

I'm always amazed by the tips that are shared on this site - even simple tips always come in handy. I haven't made roses for a year or so now, but I thought I'd try it again using a tip learned here: use a Hershey's kiss for the centre of the rose - wow how easy! Thanks to whoever posted that tip I really do appreciate learning from everybody!

I've learned a ton on this site, and have received so much help and wonderful feedback. My work has really improved, and it's nice knowing that you have a place to go to vent/brag/rejoice/despair, where everyone will know what you're going through. My family just looks at me funny. icon_razz.gif I love CC!!!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #5 of 11

I love this place. I learn the neatest stuff on here! But HOW did I manage to MISS the Hersheys Kiss Rose tip? Can someone post a link or send me the how toos on this???

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:24am
post #6 of 11

thedessertdiva.... you just use the hersey candy kiss for the base of your rose..... then pipe your petals on ..... you can also use the hersey kiss to put petals on using candy clay ...

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #7 of 11

Ah Ha!! No more trying to move it from the nail to the cake! Stick the whole kiss in the cake. Brilliant!!! thumbs_up.gif

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:50am
post #8 of 11

I to love this web site, I have learned so much!! I never used fondant to much until this site, I have learned everything from making the fondant to all sorts of tips!! We are so lucky icon_smile.gif That is neat about the Hershey's Kiss, I would of never thought of that!! My house too is so in need of a maid!! I am to busy on cc!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:04am
post #9 of 11

I stumbled onto this site several years after taking basic Wilton courses, and it's been a fun ride from there! I now can hardly wait for my breaks during the school year to make cakes and such. The users of this site are so nice to share their knowledge. I think about cake stuff all the time now.. is there a cure for being addicted to CC?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #10 of 11

Bossy.. LOL!!! Theres NO cure ! It only gets worse !!! Enjoy !

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 4 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #11 of 11

cure? who the heck wants a cure? of all the addictions we COULD have... i think being addicted to CC is fairly harmless (well, except for the unclean house and mountains of laundry LOL)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%