Baby Snoopy Shower Theme Cake

Decorating By lainalee Updated 4 May 2008 , 6:26pm by shapeacake

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone...Help please!!
Any ideas for a baby snoopy theme. The cake will be for a small office party type baby shower. It could generate a lot of business though, so I would love to make a BIG impression. I googled baby snoopy on the web, but only found bedding. Thought about doing a mit, maybe from fondat with snoopy in the middle, as it seems that the bedding is a sports theme.
Anyone done anything like this or any ideas.
There is so much creativity on this site, my only problem is I am on it so much, I run out of time to get it all done. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:33am
post #2 of 4

I think the snoopy's on this site are really cute:
http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=armedamerica&ct=64797

A couple of ideas:
1. Make a "crib" base cake and then make a baby snoopy in the crib.
2. Make red "house" base cake and then put a baby snoopy on top.

The nice thing about the laying down snoopy's is that they'll have a lot of structural stability.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:56am
post #3 of 4

icon_smile.gif I love the idea of the crib, and the sleeping snoopy pic was so cute.
I think i will use your idea of the snoopy in the crib. and make a "blanket"to resemble the bedding from the set

Thanks so much for the idea, would you do the crib with fondant for the slats, or mabye white choc molded. icon_confused.gif

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

I would think that you could do the ends of the crib using tempered white chocolate. If it were me, I'd probably paint some skewers white and use those as the slats. The other thought that came to my mind is that I remember when I was a kid they used to sell candy cigarettes. If they still sell those they may about the right size and color.

I'm anxious to see how it turns out -- post pictures if you can!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%