Doing First Major Baby Shower, Starting To Freak Out

Decorating By TheKookieWench Updated 2 May 2008 , 6:20pm by Cakebelle

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 3

One of my co-workers is having a baby shower tomorrow and I was nominated to make the cake. I've known about this for 2 months and decided that I would do a cupcake cake. Well now I'm starting to spaz. I mean, I did one baby shower but it was just plain ol cupcakes with swirls of frosting...this time I'm doing a design and I'm scared to death. What if she doesn't like it? I told her that by no means am I a professional and that my decorating still leaves little to be desired but for some reason she still has faith in me and is excited about me providing the cake. Maybe it's just my nerves getting the best of me. icon_redface.gif

2 replies
DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 3

take a deep breath, calm down a little, and just jump in there. You're going to do just fine! Just take your time and put a lot of love into it. icon_smile.gif We always judge our stuff a lot harsher than non-cake folks. Just keep in mind that she's already thrilled you're doing this for her, and she appreciates you. She'll love it, no matter what! icon_smile.gif

Good luck! Have fun with it! icon_smile.gif

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 3

Absolutely! Don't let panic get the best of you. Use the nervous energy towards the cake. You have to be the boss, don't let the cake boss you around! icon_biggrin.gif You'll be fine!!
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%