Help Me Please! Quick!

Decorating By janebrophy Updated 2 May 2008 , 12:54pm by janebrophy

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 6

I'm in the midst of assembling a tiered cake, and am marking the top of each tier with the plate for the above tier. The icing keeps sticking to the plate, and is coming off the cake! icon_cry.gif

My problem is that when the restaurant goes to cut this cake, they'll disassemble the tiers, and the icing will come off the middle of each tier! How do I keep this from happening???? Anyone who gets cake from the middle will have no icing??? Please help!

5 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 6

Hopefully you've chilled your layered and BC'd cakes before you're trying to stack them - MUCH more forgiving if the BC is set hard.

Cut a piece of parchment paper a little smaller than the size as the smaller tier. Sprinkle a little 10x sugar on the bottom cake, position the parchment paper, then position the top tier on top of the parchment.

That should do the trick icon_smile.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 6

you can also put some powder sugar where the plate will sit and that will help it from sticking too

janebrophy Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:41pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much! I don't use a crusting BC, does this matter?? And, will wax paper work? Thanks!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 6

Crusting BC - not as important as being chilled so it is set icon_smile.gif

I have not tried it with wax paper - I know that parchment is more non-stick. My "best guess" is that as long as you put 10x under it, the wax paper should be ok.

janebrophy Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I really appreciate the help! I guess all I can do is give it my best....
Hopefully the people cutting the cake will see the wax paper!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%