Is There An Easy Strawberry Filling Recipe?

Decorating By TammyRiley Updated 2 May 2008 , 2:00pm by TammyRiley

TammyRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyRiley Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:11am
post #1 of 6

I have a baby shower cake to make and a strawberry filling is requested. I have never attempted this before. I bought the strawberries, now what do I do. I searched recipes on cc, wasn't really what I was looking for. Is there an EASY method, mixing with bc or whipping cream??

Thanks for your help
Tammy icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:23am
post #2 of 6

i always just buy filling...comes in a plastic bags at my bakery supply store...do you have a store like this? you could always try to add the fresh strawberries to jam? or strawberry glaze?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

Strawberry glaze recipes:

http://members.aol.com/NGipple1/rec66.html

http://www.recipezaar.com/88234

Cake will require refrigeration, because of the fresh fruit. icon_smile.gif

To insure that glazed fruit doesn't soak into the cake, put down a thin layer of frosting and then the glazed fruit. (This makes a lovey presentation when cut & plated.)

HTH

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 6

I make a fresh strawberry mousse that knocks your socks off! You'll need heavy whipping cream and a box of white chocolate pudding mix and a box of cheesecake pudding mix, both made by the Jell-o brand. Now, In a big bowl, put 3 cups heavy whipping cream and both boxes of pudding. Whip it (with an elecrtic mixer) for about 5 minutes. It will be supper thick. Puree your berries in a blender for a pink mousse or just dice them for a more chunky mousse. Stir in the berries. (I'd start with about a pint, add more if you think it needs it) You can use this same mousse with out berries for filling also, but add one more cup cream. Just remember, mousse can be made just as easy as pudding. Follow the exact same amount of cream as milk. Usually 2 cups (milk or cream) per box of pudding. You can get crazy with it and make coconut mousse by using coconut custard pudding or try chocolate! Always by the instant pudding...not cook and serve! Happy Baking!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 6

www.ladycakes.com under recipes for fillings you will find a great fresh strawberry filling....not sure how large your cake is, you may have to double it and be sure you use a heavy dam of icing around outside of filling to avoid leaks.

TammyRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyRiley Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 6

thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions! I'll let you know how it turns out ... I am putting it all together tonight.

Tammy thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%