Decorating With Whipped Cream Frosting

Decorating By mtdk454 Updated 2 May 2008 , 11:24am by Tona

mtdk454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtdk454 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 6

I am going to be making a baby shower cake for my sister's baby shower in june, however she has requested whipped cream frosting. I have never made it or used it on a cake before. I am a buttercream girl myself. So I need a good whipped cream frosting recipe that will hold up to june weather and my question is how does it do with piping and decorating and such compared to buttercream?

5 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 6

Egad, June in Wisconsin with a whipped cream frosting?? Eeek! I don't have much experience w/whipped cream frostings but I think you'd probably be best using a "whipped-cream-LIKE" frosting rather than whipped cream...I have used the Wilton stabilized whipped cream and although it works nicely, I can't imagine it holding up to any kind of warm weather. I'd suggest Pastry Pride but I don't know if you can get it in the midwest.

Hoping my feeble answer can give your question a bump and maybe get you a good answer icon_wink.gif.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:54am
post #3 of 6

I tell brides "I don't do Kroger cakes. If you want a Kroger cake, it's 2 minutes down the road that way."

One friend absolutely didn't want buttercream "WHIPPED CREAM ONLY!" Since I was doing this cake for free, they decided to go with my BC icing, rather than actually pay for a cake at Kroger. Gosh darn gee, turns out they LUV'D my icing! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:35am
post #4 of 6

whipped is a pain to make, can you buy some from your local bakery...i can buy it at hyvee or taget here...

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:32am
post #5 of 6

Debi, since you put Dream Whip into yours it might even qualify as a whipped cream icing icon_lol.gif. By the way I totally mean that in a good way! People luv your fluffy whipped icing, and one of these days I'm gonna make some icon_smile.gif. mtdk454 you might want to give Debi's recipe a try http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-0-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:24am
post #6 of 6

I agree Debi icing is very good and very light and fluffy. This would be a great icing for the baby shower cake. Try it and see what you think

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%