How About That Paula Abdule Misshap?!

Lounge By mellormom Updated 5 May 2008 , 6:27pm by imaginecakes

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 22

I was laughing my butt off at the gym when she messed up. Gee ya think she wrote her comments in advance. icon_lol.gif
I like David Cook.
Who is your guy's favorite?
Jen...

21 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 22

Nobody in the press has mentioned this, but a few shows back they told one of the contestants that they liked their performance better in rehearsal, so that leads me to believe that they watch them perform the songs a couple of times, then have their comments ready for the show. She sure looked silly! How embarrassing for her. She's been getting into Jason Castro's stash!

David Cook for the win.

mellormom Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #3 of 22

They do watch the dress rehearsals. They were on Larry King the other day.
She looked like she was into his stash then too. She is the most incoherent person on the planet! LOL
Jen...

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:25am
post #4 of 22

I think she hits the stash a lot!

I hope David Cook will win. I believe it will be him or David Archuleta.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:46am
post #5 of 22

I saw it the other night and I was just amazed when she made the comment. Hello is there anyone in there Paula? I am not a fan of hers at all, could we get a replacement? probably not. My favotire is David Cook. I hope he wins. thumbs_up.gif
Faye

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:08am
post #6 of 22

So Paula ABDUL goofed up, you could still spell her name correctly and capitalize it.

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:43am
post #7 of 22

I think that she should change shows and go in Celebrity Rehab!!

icon_confused.gif

mellormom Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 22

Great idea. And yes I did spell her name wrong. Spelling is not my strong suit. LOL
Jen...

michellenj Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #9 of 22

I'm glad Brooke is gone, but she really made me feel for her when they told her she was eliminated. That was just sad.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 22

Hello! Poor Paula!! Must be the stress!!!

I am cheering for David Archuleta or David Cook!! The both have an amazing talent.

Now, I am sorry for those who like Jason Castro, but I cannot believe he is still there.

Seems to be feeling over confident and not making much of an effort to sing.

Last week, Simon even made the comment, when Carly was eliminated, that it seemed that what was happening was more of a popularity contest than anything else because Carly and Sayesha (I am sure that I spelled her name wrong) sang much better than Jason Castro, yet they were on the bottom two.

David Archuleta has a very clear and harmonious voice!!! Everytime he sings, I enjoy it so much.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #11 of 22

I like the style of music Jason Castro sings, and his recording voice is one of the best in my opinion. I also like David Cook. icon_smile.gif

I feel so bad for Paula. She gets such a bad wrap!! Although I do think the funniest thing in the world would be to get her and Ozzy Osbourne together for a conversation! icon_lol.gif

lynndy-lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #12 of 22

NNNOOOOO I knew i shouldnt have read this post!! I now know who has been kicked off we dont get the show until Thursday doh

mellormom Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:12pm
post #13 of 22

It is definitely a popularity contest. The most voters are teenagers and when your that young you tend to vote less on talent and more on looks and personality. I know I would have as a teenager. LOL I don't have the patients to vote so I can't complain about anyone unfairly getting voted off. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

michellenj Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:46pm
post #14 of 22

I think it will come down to the two Davids in the end. There could be a Chris Daughtry type shocker though, and one of them gets eliminated.....you never know. Every year I'm surprised at someone being eliminated (Chris Daughtry, Tamyra Grey).

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:56pm
post #15 of 22

I think that it will be the two Davids' in the end...My husband and I couldn't believe Michael Johns, got the boot, and Carly ahead of Jason. We just think that they were more talented. I actually like all of the top ten, I think they have been the best bunch of all.
I can't figure Paula out, I watched something on TV that said she had a martini at lunch that afternoon...oh well....Although she drives me nuts sometime, I like her. Yes and a conversation with her and Ozzie would be interesting!

michellenj Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #16 of 22

Every year they say "this is the best group we have ever had!!!!" but I really do agree with that this year. Carly was awesome, I can't believe that she got eliminated before Brooke and Jason.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #17 of 22

I recently saw the Idol Rewind show and saw episodes from years past...and I was shocked to see how articulate and clear she used to be!

Something has definitely changed over the years! It's like night and day!

My two cents....David Cook!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #18 of 22

I think what's most irritating about Paula is that 99% of the time she things everyone is "great." and offers no real advice.

My favorites this year are Michael Johns and David Cook. Michael Johns was awesome when he sang Bohemian Rhapsody at auditions. I think he's a great talent, but kept making bad song choices. Still, I could not believe when he got the boot over some of the others. David Cook is so much more than a singer. He is an incredible talent and I think he deserves to win it. Everyone else dulls in comparison.

michellenj Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #19 of 22

When they allowed contestants to play instruments I thought it was going to be horrible, but I think that they have actually added a lot to the competition.

I think that Paula needs to be scripted, just to save face.

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:04pm
post #20 of 22

Poor Paula, I was so embarrassed for her when she screwed up so badly commenting on Jason's song(s)! And she called Syesha Brooke! She's a mess! She should get some rest or stay off the booze, drugs or whatever it is. I'm usually cringing whenever she opens her mouth because I know something goofy is going to come out.

I agree that Jason doesn't even seem to care. I think he has some talent there but rarely shows it. He always sings the more soft songs so we don't get to really hear him sing.

My vote is for David Cook!

I read that almost all of the top ten were "plants" (except David Cook - but that's not why I like him). Carly has already recorded an album, and David A. won star search already. I sort of feel like the show should be for those who haven't had a shot yet and not for the ones who had a shot and didn't make it. Just MHO.

mellormom Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:25pm
post #21 of 22

I agree Wendy! I think it should be for those who haven't had a shot too. I'm sure that people are planted and that the voting is done by people that Fox pays to vote to create controversy. (controversy gets people to watch) That is just my two cents.
Jen...

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #22 of 22

Ahhhh com on guys....you just don't understand paula mannnn....*cue the Pink Floyd music* MUSIC is her drug mannnn.....MUSIC...."Hello.....Hello...Hello...is anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me...is anyone home?" icon_lol.gif

Paula's just ummmmm....."comfortably numb!"

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%