Cake Baking/decorating Project!

Decorating By Katheryan Updated 11 May 2008 , 5:00am by xstitcher

Katheryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katheryan Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 10

I'm a senior in highschool and I am doing a final project on cake baking & decorating.

I'm not exactly sure what to include though. Any ideas are very much appriciated.

Thanks so much!

9 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 10

is it an essay, baking or both?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 10

What are you doing? A show and tell project or a written project.........give us some more specifics so we can help you better! icon_wink.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 10

I'd like to know too. What are the details?

Katheryan Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #5 of 10

Sorry!

It's a presentation. I'm aiming at somewhere around 30 minutes.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryan

Sorry!

When you say presentation are you just going to be "talking" about cakes & decorating or are you planning to do a demo as well?

Katheryan Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:06am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryan

Sorry!

When you say presentation are you just going to be "talking" about cakes & decorating or are you planning to do a demo as well?

I'm going to talk about the process. I'll likely be showing a short video on the actual baking. And then possibly demonstrating some techniques.

Katheryan Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 10

Anymore imput?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 10

Are you decorating one cake as the project or different techniques? You could do a square cake and show 4 different borders on each side. You could do a couple of small 6" cakes if you wanted to show different things like buttercream and fondant. How much do you know about decorating? You could make drop flowers and roses. What are you thinking at this point? Any directions you want to go with this?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 May 2008 , 5:00am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom9431

Are you decorating one cake as the project or different techniques? You could do a square cake and show 4 different borders on each side. You could do a couple of small 6" cakes if you wanted to show different things like buttercream and fondant. How much do you know about decorating? You could make drop flowers and roses. What are you thinking at this point? Any directions you want to go with this?

I think busymom9431 has given several good options for you!

How long is the demo portion going to be? Is it a large class? Could you involve the students in the demo. Maybe you could get a bag for each of them and let them share some tips and try out what you demo. Just pick some of the basic decorating borders, stars or flowers.

Maybe you can go to a local class (beginner's) and get some idea's from them....

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%