Help Big Time! How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm by wgoat5

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make two full sheet graduation cakes. The first will be pretty simple as a typical grad cake but the second she wants it to have his passions on it. Which are a guitar, a bible and a Chipotle burrito if possible. I have MANY questions...this is my first full sheet cake...is there is a full sheet cake pan, if so, would it fit in a normal oven, or do you get two half and icing them together? if so, are there any tricks to make it go well together?

about the passions, so I make them flat and out of fondant or 3D out of fondant or edible image? if edible image, can any of you help me with that...know of a place I could order those images or a person? I am SO nervous.

I am making another full sheet cake for this persons church for another date and they want a world on it, I was thinking of baking a cake in a metal bowl partially and putting it on top of the sheet cake...should it be supported with dowels underneath?

Thanks so much to whoever can help me!

April :0)

2 replies
aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 3

Oh PLEASE HELP!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 3

I can't help you with everything but... I put two 11 x 15's together to make a fullsheet... a full sheet wouldn't fit into my oven.. most ovens I don't think unless it is commercial..

I reallly don't know about the incorporating a bible with a burrito.. I hope someone can help you out with that one..

You don't have to dowell anything unless it is over 3 layers so you should be fine there icon_smile.gif (unless the top layer is EXTREMELY heavy..

I hope this helps a little anyways

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%