Help! I Need Some Ideas For A 60Th Bday For Twins

Decorating By KELLIS Updated 4 May 2008 , 11:12pm by Charmaine49

KELLIS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KELLIS Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 10

I'm doing a cake for twins that are turning 60. any ideas will be welcome nothing to risky but on the fun side. Does anyone have any ideas?
thanks

9 replies
kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 10

Someone on another thread was doing a wedding cake for twins, and someone suggested the "yin-yang" idea with the comma/paisley shaped pans... Maybe in a SMALLER size for you, but I thought the idea was kind of cool!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 10

The yin/yang idea is cute, but if you don't have the paisley pans maybe you could divide the cake in half vertically and decorate each side using each twin's favorite colors for their side.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 10

I made a cake for my granmother's 70th bday (in my photos) that included pictures of her throughout her life as edible images along the bottom of the cake. Something like that, with various pictures of the two of them together, might be very nice. The pictures were a total conversation peice as everyone was interested in seeing them and knowing more about them.
HTH,
Crissy

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #5 of 10

I did this cake for two friends in their fifthies (boy & girl) they both have the same d/o/b and they wanted a martini theme.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1216656

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 10

I love the picture idea. I live to do them when it is a milestone. Cant wait to see the final choice you make.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 10

I'm a twin and my sister and I since we were young always joked about who was 'older'..me being 11 minutes older than her. So technically she was the youngest in the family. Maybe you could play on that idea. I know at 60yrs old i won't want to be claiming i'm the older twin. lol I dunno, just an idea..not great, but it's the first thing i thought of when i read your post.
suz

shapeacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shapeacake Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 10

A few ideas:

- Make a square cake. Using frosting, divide it into 4 squares. Make two squares that are catycorner to each other similar in style and to the event. Maybe make both of them with a dark background and a bright "60." Then customize the other two squares a little differently for each twin.

- Make a square cake. Using frosting, divide it into 2 right triangles. Frost the cake so that each triangle is for one of the twins, that they have similar designs, but inverse colors. (For example, one triangle says "Happy 60th Birthday Nancy" with the background in navy and the icing in green, and the other says "Happy 60th Birthday Fred" with the background in green and the icing in navy.)
- Use a Doublemint gum theme. Use their slogan and colors and make the cake minty.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 10

OK, got to watch this topic as I am a twin and exactly 1year away from our
60th birthday.
Also have no idea of what kind of cake to make for my brother and myself.

When we turned 21, we had a cake in the shape of a "21" I got the "2" in pink
and my brother got the "1" in blue.

So, I would also accept any ideas that might come to mind.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 4 May 2008 , 11:12pm
post #10 of 10

lomikesa, I tried looking at your link and it says the photo does not exist.

Please help out as I would like to see your cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%