Mini Cakes For Wedding, How To?

Decorating By koppeskreations Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm by koppeskreations

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how to bake and decorate the little mini cakes that you can make for weddings. Can you decorate them in buttercreme or do they work best covering them in fondant. I have a picture attached of what the bride likes for a design. Any extra tips you may have that are good to know, like pricing would be helpful.

Nikki
LL

5 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 6

They are so time-consuming. I covered in BC and the RF.

I can level, fill, layer, crumb, cover, stack and decorate a 3-tiered cake for 100 people in the same amount of time it takes to do the same to 6-7 of those puppies.

Charge properly!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 6

And don't forget you'll need a bunch of new pans to make all of those - you'll be baking forever.

christinapp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christinapp Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 6

A good idea is to bake sheet cakes and cut out your round circles using a busuit cutter, fill and stack as you please.
Beats baking all those little cakes.

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 6

I just did a 125 mini-cake wedding cake 2 weeks ago. What I did was buy the wilton 3 1/2 inch round pans, they come 3 to a package. I had 9 and it took me a little over 13 baking cycles. I iced mine all in buttercream and I kid you not it took me 12 hours to ice all with a border and put a fondant rose on top. They do take a lot of time, but I would do them again. If you decide to bake a sheet cake and cut out the circles be prepared for all the crumbs. I tried that with a practice run and it wasn't any faster.

I have posted a couple of pictures of the cake I did. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Missy
LL
LL

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks all for the tips, I did try to do a search on this topic but it looked like quite a few had gotten lost along with the cross over of servers.

Anyways, I seen something about baking in coffee cans or soup cans, would this work too.

Thanks Nikki

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%