Cupcake Bouquet ???

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 10:48am by Suzy40

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 8

Why don't the cupcakes fall off the sticks? I just can't see me carrying a bouquet of cupcakes without them falling off one by one. I would like to make some of these for Mother's day but fear disaster as they travel.

I just can't understand it .

Can someone make me a believer?

7 replies
Suzy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy40 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 8

luelue

I am doing the same thing, I have brought the pots and the foam balls and I have glued the balls in the pots and the pots are glued onto a cake board to give the base stability, i have the cupcakes in the freezer but I am not totally convinced this is gonna work , I did it for my sister once and it didnt evern make it in the house from the car , where I had just freshly stuck on the cupcakes , it was a disaster and I cannot see it working this time but I will give it a go ,I am practising one tomorrow , will stick the cupcakes on with royal icing and secure with a skewer , try saying that fast lol and then I am putting it in the car and driving it around while I do some errands , if it can survive my lead foot , then it can survive anything , and I will place it in my window and sell them for mothers day

fingers crossed , any tips will be appreciated greatly
will let you know how it goes

Suzy

Suzy40 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 8

luelue

I am doing the same thing, I have brought the pots and the foam balls and I have glued the balls in the pots and the pots are glued onto a cake board to give the base stability, i have the cupcakes in the freezer but I am not totally convinced this is gonna work , I did it for my sister once and it didnt evern make it in the house from the car , where I had just freshly stuck on the cupcakes , it was a disaster and I cannot see it working this time but I will give it a go ,I am practising one tomorrow , will stick the cupcakes on with royal icing and secure with a skewer , try saying that fast lol and then I am putting it in the car and driving it around while I do some errands , if it can survive my lead foot , then it can survive anything , and I will place it in my window and sell them for mothers day

fingers crossed , any tips will be appreciated greatly
will let you know how it goes

Suzy

dttcb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dttcb Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 8

What kind of container are you going to use? I use a bowl or vase or basket and styrofoam. I use two toothpicks per cupcake (think corn holder). Build the bouquet first- and really sick them on good- THEN frost them! Also, it helps not to use cupcake that have been just baked. Wait a day if you can! Make sure your cupcake don;t have a dome on them, the frosting may slide off if they do..

Take a look at my pics, and PM me if I can help you with any other questions!

Don't be afraid! It is easier than it looks! That's why they are always a big hit!

Debbie icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 8

Do you use a scratch cake recipe? I have yet to get the cupcake bouquets to work. I would love to offer them but I can't because I fear them falling apart.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:43pm
post #6 of 8

It helps if you angle the tooth picks up a bit. The paper liners also help w/ the whole stability thing! I used a plant pot and added some of those river rocks that you can buy in the dollar stores to the bottom of the pot first. It helps it from being too top heavy. Give the cupcakes a good tap on the counter after you frost them. It helps the icing adhere better to the cupcake and helps to prevent the icing from falling off the cupcake.

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 8

I also angle skewers, but after the cupcakes are placed, I put a small piece of skewer under the bottom row to help keep them on. I also place the bouquet in the freezer for a bit before I deliver to make sure evrything will stay, and it is thawed out before it arrives to its destination. It also helps me not to get icing all over the box when I put it in.

Suzy40 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:48am
post #8 of 8

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

thats all I have to say on this topic ,
I hate things getting the better of me and todays cupcake bouquet did that
I had such high hopes
it looked kind of nice (I didnt have the right tip for the icing (or technique) I will perfect that after I make the bloody things stay on
they are messy (soft , easily damaged )
I put 2 toothpicks in each one , royal icinged (no such word but you get it ) eash one onto the ball , (started with them frozen so that they were firmer ) fiddled a bit , decorated them left it a few hours
took them for a drive in the car and only lost one (and that was when I got back while it was sitting on the table , and the one I lost fell out of the cupcake liner leaving part of the cake behind
but it survived 20 minutes driving
help me
I am so frustrated

Suzy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%