Need Suggestions For A Good "whipped" Icing Under

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 11:53pm by Melony

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #1 of 6

For a marble cake, with a light consistency? The bride wants a whipped cream consistency icing, but I know whipped ceam icing won't work under fondant.

Though I've heard otherwise, some posts here say that Rich's Bettercreme worked, however but I've never used it and don't know if I can even get it.

Someone told me on one of my posts that IMBC was like eating a stick of butter, which is definitely not what the bride wants.

The wedding is Saturday and I haven't figured out the icing yet!! Help!! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 6

I just used pastry pride under MMF and it worked out fine, had to chill the cake a couple times to keep the whipped stuff cold. But the fondant held up fine. I don't know what type of cake you are making, but I did a single cake, so I can't say how it would hold up to stacked construction.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

From what I've read, most members don't recommend whipped frosting under b/c because the loose (wet) consistency melts fondant.

As a baker/decorator you can only accomplish the possible.

Instead of pulling your hair out trying to fulfill this impossible request you need to sit the bride down and give her the hard honest truth (the unhappy results of mixing whipped frosting with fondant).

Then the bride NEEDS TO DECIDE which is more important to her:

1. The design of the cake
(which would be a vote for fondant)

2. Her desire for whipped b/c
(which would eliminate the fondant).

She can't have it both ways!

Similar post, please also see:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584149-.html

HTH

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't tried this with fondant, but it tastes very good. It is the recipe from wilton's website. Extra special buttercream. I love it.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 6

I put a good BC (all butter) under my Fondant, I put about the same amount under the fondant as I would if it is just going to be BC. My fondant is rolled thin & then the whole cake has a wonderful texture & taste as I always flavor my fondant as well. I know a lot of people have used SMBC or IMBC & they have good results, I love SMBC but haven't yet put it under fondant.

Melony Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melony Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 6

SugarMomma,

I see you're in Virginia Beach. Party Cakes and Things has Bettercreme. I was there today and bought some. This will be my first time trying it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%