Cupcake Heaven By Susannah Blake

Baking By punkinpie Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:08pm by punkinpie

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 6

I just borrowed Cupcake Heaven by Susannah Blake from the library. I've been pouring over it trying decide what to try.

Just wondering if any of you have tried the recipes. They sound yummy.

Here is a link to it on Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/5ft6g9

Thanks!

5 replies
punkinpie Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 6

So I've really had a good chance to go through this book. I enjoyed pics in it, but it seems that many of the recipes are identical or near identical with just a different topping.

I tried the Spring Flower Cupcakes. They are vanilla cupcakes with a lemon glaze. They tasted horrible. Reminded me of a vanilla flavoured pancake. The lemon glaze was way to runny to do anything with until I added almost 2 cups more icing sugar. It didn't have much of a lemon taste and was too much sweet.

I took 2 bites and all 12 went into the recycle bin icon_cry.gif

They turned out sorta cute so I took a picture before ditching them.

Thankfully this book was borrowed from the library.
If you are thinking about buying it I would say save your money and flip through the pics in the bookstore or library.
LL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:23am
post #3 of 6

Oooohhhh, what darling cupcakes. icon_biggrin.gif So dainty and feminine. thumbs_up.gif

So sad that they didn't live up to your expectatioons. icon_cry.gif

That books reminds me of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.... thumbsdown.gif They really only sell one kind of doughnut, but with different frosting or glaze toppings. icon_eek.gif

You might enjoy Dede Wilson's, Field Guide to Cupcakes:

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.filereader?481917340008e9ad271d424d36d605e8+EN/products/7107064
(Love this site for discounted books & cheap shipping.)

HTH

punkinpie Posted 1 May 2008 , 10:52am
post #4 of 6

Thanks JanH. That looks like a good book to try. That company doesn't ship to Canada icon_cry.gif Seems like the story of my life when there is a good price involved. I'll look around for elsewhere though. First stop - the library.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 6

I second Dede's cupcake book. Simple recipes which actually work (and taste good), plus some really cute ideas for decorating.

punkinpie Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

I second Dede's cupcake book. Simple recipes which actually work (and taste good), plus some really cute ideas for decorating.

Thanks! I've got it on my "things I really want' list. Next time I make an order from Amazon I'm definitely going to get it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%