Disaster Averted!

Decorating By TheButterWench Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 5:33am by TheButterWench

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #1 of 5

Hi all.

I had a order for a cherry chocoalte cake that had to be delivered today and I was a bit concerned that the Cherry flavor wasn't going to pop and I didn't have any dried cherrys and wasn't going to buy any to make a 6" cake. lol

So, I added a Tablespoon plus a teaspoon in the extended chocolate recipe ( as I wanted extra to make cupcakes for a tasting) and just to be on the safe side I added a tablespoon of the cherry extract to the buttercream.

Of course I had to eat one, you know, for quality control. lol

The cherry flavor was very light, I think I could've added 1 Tablespoon and 2 teaspoons and 2 teaspoons to the buttercream to make it a stronger cherry flavor, but the way it was, well, it was pretty ok too.

Now I have a 18 extra cupcakes.

Oh I measured my 6" pans and got about 12 ounces of batter in them, that filled them just above 1/2. It baked up nicely and I had barely a bump to trim.

Which I treated my hubby to! lol

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Sounds luscious. thumbs_up.gif

If you ever need ANY help with quality control, I'm available. icon_biggrin.gif

TheButterWench Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Sounds luscious. thumbs_up.gif

If you ever need ANY help with quality control, I'm available. icon_biggrin.gif

That's just to precious, don'tcha know? I was so good on my diet and excercise plan till I went to culinary school. They made us eat EVERYTHING!!! yeah , they put a Chef knife to our head and MADE us eat it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol

We made so many yummy things, there was always a fight to take the extras home.

My neighbors would know when I was coming home and there was always a group in the courtyard. lol

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 8:05am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

That's just to precious, don'tcha know? I was so good on my diet and excercise plan till I went to culinary school. They made us eat EVERYTHING!!! yeah , they put a Chef knife to our head and MADE us eat it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol

We made so many yummy things, there was always a fight to take the extras home.

My neighbors would know when I was coming home and there was always a group in the courtyard. lol

I know what you mean. It is so hard on my diet, but I have lost a lot of weight. icon_lol.gif By the way, everything is going really well. I haven't had pain in the past two weeks and I haven't had to sit down. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Aren't you proud of me??

TheButterWench Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:33am
post #5 of 5

Very proud! Go get'em Tiger!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%