Cheesecake Covered In Fondant? Chocolate?

Decorating By Berecca Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 8:36pm by Berecca

Berecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Berecca Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 10

Hey, my husband wants his birthday cake to be cheesecake, but I still want to decorate it all crazy with fondant and figures, etc. Can I use fondant with cheesecake? Has anybody done this? Cheesecake has to be refrigerated, but fondant gets all dewy if you refrigerate it and then let it come to room temp.

Has anyone used any other sort of covering for cheescake? Modeling chocolate, maybe? Hmmm..

Any ideas?

9 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 10

I love to wrap cheesecake in chocolate decorated with chocolate transfers. There are several examples in my photos. I order my transfers from Beryls.

Berecca Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 10

anybody?

Berecca Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks for the idea, Jodie! icon_smile.gif

I really want to do an ocean theme with blue fondant and figures, etc. Does anybody know if what I can use to cover the cheesecake that will look like fondant (or can I use fondant?)?

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:19am
post #5 of 10

What about Choco-Pan??? They even have blue!

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:33am
post #6 of 10

Oh shoot...this was just on Sugar Rush. I think the decorator used modeling chocolate. Hold on...yep...chocolate and corn syrup over top of her cheesecake shaped like a fish. You should see that episode.

Berecca Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:40am
post #7 of 10

Oh, yeah! I saw that! I just couldn't remember what show it was on, and I didn't catch what she said she used. Do you remember what her name was?

Thanks!

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 10

I have it DVRed so I have to check it...Elegant Cheesecakes. I think the website is elegantcheesecakes.com. Good luck. Can't wait to see yours!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 10

You can cover them with fondant.

Berecca Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:36pm
post #10 of 10

What about when you need to refrigerate them because they're cheesecake? What do you do about the wet-looking fondant? If you want to serve it chilled with the fondant, the fondant will look shiny and wet. But if you want to let the fondant dry out a little bit after being refrigerated, then the cheesecake will be room temp.

Hmmm...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%