Ices Certified Sugar Artist Test

Business By karateka Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:34am by AuntAndrea

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone done this? I'd be interested to hear how it is.....

I'm nowhere near being able to pass the test myself, but might consider it in a few years after some more training and practice.

If you've done it, do you feel it was worth it? Would you do it again? Would you advise someone else to get certified?

ANy other tidbits you feel like sharing would be appreciated as well... icon_lol.gif

3 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

Hmm, do you know where I could find this as I am also interested.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 4

This is the first year to offer this so after the convention this year you will probably be able to get a little more information about what all is involved.

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #4 of 4

karateka,

Actually, this is the first time the test is being offered -- they just developed the certification program over the past year or so. thumbs_up.gif

Twelve of us will be taking the test at Disney on the Wednesday before the convention starts. Yeah, I'm one of the crazy folks who signed up for the test this year (at least I feel pretty crazy about agreeing to do it NOW!!!) icon_surprised.gif

Assuming I survive the test icon_eek.gif I'd be happy to share about the experience here afterwards. Right now, I just keep thinking how completely insane I am to be trying to do this!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Ack!!!

...Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%