Urgent Cake Ball Trouble!!!

Decorating By azeboi2005 Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm by Wjk

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:42am
post #1 of 6

hi yal i'm needing some major help tonight i was making some strawberry cheesecake cake balls for a part on saturday. everything was going well until it came to coating them, i always put them in the fridge to set up a bit and then dunk in bark coating. well when i went to do this the coating started to break it was clumpy, not coating evenly and down right gross. Please help me what do i do, how can i prevent this? Tomorrow night is my last day to finish.
icon_cry.gif chris

5 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:58am
post #2 of 6

Was there any condensation on the cheesecake balls? This will ruin any coating in a heartbeat. I don't really know any way to remedy it after it happens. I think you have to melt more, and make sure there is no liquid on your cheesecake balls.

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:13am
post #3 of 6

Any sort of liquid will cause chocolate bark to clump and become a mess. There really isn't any saving it.

ITA with the pp. Make sure your balls are dry.

mausman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mausman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:55am
post #4 of 6

well u can decorate with them now wid any kind of icing u like and make them look like little faces or balls (like soccer, golf etc) or attaching small sugar paste or buter cream flowers any thing for making it more creative and for hiding the clumpy and cracks

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 6

they weren't wet at all, i want to chalk it up to the bark being no good, but i don't know. tonight i think i'm just going to get some "fresh" from the store and try again. i may have to 86 them but i don't want to.

side not would it matter if the cake balls are cold from the fridge and the chocolate warm from the melting? i may be fishing here.

thanks yal any more help is greatly appreciated!

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 6

It might be an issues. I always freeze my balls before dipping them. That way they don't melt to fast while dipping. It could be causing condensation from the tempature change.

Can you try freezing them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%