Chocolate Bar Retangles For A Wedding Cake

Decorating By storklady Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 4:31am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

storklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
storklady Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 7

Where can i find mold to make different chocolate retangles to go around a wedding cake? or can you buy them pre-made? I can't locate them on line or in any cake supplier. Help!!!!

Thanks for any advice i can get.

6 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

I am pretty sure my local Hobby Lobby, has chocolate molds in rectangles and squares. Try looking up candy molds, instead of chocolate molds. Does that give you anything different?

How big do you need them? Why couldnt you just buy a bunch of the thin Hershey bars, and snap them into the size that you need? One row of three is a decent sized rectangle. Then just stick them to your cake with the Hershey symbol facing in towards your BC.

HTH

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 7

Do you have a photo of what you're trying to do?

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 7

I'm glad to come across this post. I'm having to find the same thing for an upcoming wedding. My bride's tiers are whimsical, and she's wanting the chocolate bars to look something like the pic below. So they will need to be 4" in length. It sounds like the Hershey's may work.
LL

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 7

Oh yeah! Definitely get the Hershey's! That is what they looked like they used in the pic. If they are a little short, just pipe a border around the bottom to cover a little more space. No way I would make a ton of little chocolate squares, unless the bride was paying me bukoo bucks!

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:35am
post #6 of 7

Fancy Flours has velem sheets with tons of prints you can pour and cut or mold around, if you have about a week. They are great and usually ship quick. you can also find velem at any hobby store and pour your own.
www.fancyflours.com

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:31am
post #7 of 7

that is such a unique way of decorating it. thanks for sharing that pic

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%