Gifts For School Staff Ideas

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 1:41am by ReenieK

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 8

dunce.gif Ok so I would like to give the school staff an end of school year gift.
I was thinking cookies but not sugar cookies.
I think those are for kids and adults prefer a more tasty cookie rather than a pretty one.
How would I package them?
I was thinking in Saran Wrap then tie the end with raffia? this way it will be less expensive.

7 replies
mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:09am
post #2 of 8

Thumbprints are really good!!! Snickerdoodles?!? I'm sorry if this doesn't help I'm just thinking of the ones I love!!!

I like the saran wrap with raffia. Raffia makes things look much prettier.

WendyLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyLaLa Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:13am
post #3 of 8

Cello bags always look really nice and crisp when you are packaging cookies, tied with a nice ribbon or raffia. Sometimes you can find the cello bags at the party supply store. But if you got to do a ton, maybe you can find saran wrap that is colored!!!

CINDY1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CINDY1956 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:16am
post #4 of 8

if you are tying with the raffia another thing to add along with that, to make it more home spun look, is to take some fabric and cut or tear it onto shreds (maybe about 1/2 -1/4 wide like a narrow ribbon) and tie with the raffia...looks really cute and very cheap.

grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:20am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustcake

I was thinking cookies but not sugar cookies.
I think those are for kids and adults prefer a more tasty cookie rather than a pretty one.

I would have to disagree with you on that one. Every adult I know who has tasted one of my decorated cookies, say they are way better than others they've had. They pick the decorated ones over any other. In fact, it's mostly men that buy them and a bunch at a time.

For a lot of people I don't think the look matters, it's really all about the taste.

Oh and my mother and her friend just can not get enough. I literally have to argue with 5 or 6 people when I'm baking not to take any.

But, good luck with the gifts, it's actually a very nice idea.

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:43am
post #6 of 8

For teachers appreciation week last year I bought a dozen clear glass bowls from Party City, they were $1 each, the larger kind usually used for floating candles or wedding centerpieces. Then had my son dip his hands in paint and âhugâ the bowl, and I wrote âHugs from {my sonâs name}â. Filled them with large chocolate chip cookies w/ macadamia nuts, which were a proven favorite every time Iâve taken them to pre-school with or without an occasion. Each bowl held about a dozen cookies, and I emphasize that those were heavy 3â-3.5â cookies, not as "pretty" as decorated sugar cookies, but oh, soooo yummy⦠Then wrapped the bowls in clear cellophane and tied with a bow. The teachers enjoyed them a lot, the director said they made them all feel very special⦠Iâll be checking this thread for ideas for this year! icon_smile.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

thank you all for all the ideas,

ReenieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReenieK Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #8 of 8

I have some ideas on my site/not baking but other stuff
www.reeniescrafts.com
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%