Anybody Ever Done Anything For Twin Brides?

Decorating By cakeatty Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 8:51pm by Babycakes35

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:08am
post #1 of 7

Hi all! I need some input and some ideas. I've got a set of twins who are marrying in May. They initially wanted to do a hexagon and square cake. What I have in my mind is not very attractive. It's to serve 225 people and they want two separate cake tops w/monograms on top to go on the wedding cake. We're supposed to meet next week to talk about their cake design. They keep saying they just want something different and aren't set on a particular design. I've downloaded some other pictures that are mixed shape cakes, just not the hex and square together. I'm thinking about doing something ying and yangish (is that even a word icon_redface.gif ) for the topper and doing one in one of the wedding colors and the other in the other wedding color and then pushing them together so you have two separate toppers but it doesn't look weird. Anybody ever have something like this? Ideas, suggestions?? HELP!

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:31am
post #2 of 7

yin yang --- COMMA (paisley) PANS!!!

bottom tier has the tiers pushed together

then each tier stays aligned to the outside edge so that a gap opens up between the tiers.

then separate toppers on each top tier.

unity yet individuality.

not the best of sketches (these puppies are hard to draw!!!!!) -- but it gets the idea across.
LL

cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #3 of 7

You're the BOMB, Doug! My DH was trying to explain something very similar to this and I wasn't getting it icon_lol.gif Thanks for putting in the sketches. That will help me tremendously when I meet with them next week. The pictures we've seen so far for double weddings are SOOOO early 80's with the stair cases, etc. These ladies are very contemporary so I think this may be something they would like. Wonder how much of a pain in the heiney these are to frost icon_smile.gif

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 7

Doug is the bomb!!! icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

yin yang --- COMMA (paisley) PANS!!!

bottom tier has the tiers pushed together

then each tier stays aligned to the outside edge so that a gap opens up between the tiers.

then separate toppers on each top tier.

unity yet individuality.

not the best of sketches (these puppies are hard to draw!!!!!) -- but it gets the idea across.

Dang Doug...you are the greatest! If you could just bottle and sell some of that creativity, you'd make bazillions!!

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 7

I did this for sisters a couple of years ago, each one kept one of the top cakes. The half rounds had the names of the brides and grooms
LL

Babycakes35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babycakes35 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 7

Doug is most definately the bomb!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%