Disappearing Photos!!

Decorating By vickymacd Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 1:06am by vickymacd

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 26

Have another problem on CC....
I wanted to find a particular photo that I saved in the 'my favorite photos' area awhile back, and now it's gone!!
Has anyone else had this happen? I know it was there as I looked at it a couple times to show someone or refer to it. I went through EVERY SINGLE photo in there to make sure, and yep, it's gone!

So what's the point of saving them is every so often they are gone?

25 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 26

This might just be a fluke from the database crash a while ago. But it also may be a picture that belongs to someone that has removed their pictures. Do you know who the CC member was that the pic belongs to? If so lookup their name on the member list and see if they are still a member on CC. HTH

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 26

Same happened to me - several times.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 26

I've had the same thing happen! I thought it was just "me"...thinking I saved it but didn't. icon_confused.gif I know I did though! Glad to know I'm not going crazy! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 26

You can save the photos to your hard drive then you wont have that problem in the future.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 26

I noticed that one very talented decorated has recently, as I've heard it described, taken all of her toys and gone home. Her posts are deleted (unless you look at them by going through her profile) and she has no more pictures posted.

Perhaps that has happened to the pictures you had saved. Sad, isn't it?

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 26

could be that the poster has left CC, could be a technical issue, or could be the poster just deleted the photo! i'm guilty of that. photos that i don't like for whatever reason i delete if i can. unfortunately i can't delete cake photos with more than 5 favs. but a lot of my cakes had 2-4 favs and i deleted them later.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 26

Yes I have had the same problem ! I go to look up a picture I know I have saved and its not there . But I will then see it fly past home page again and I get the chance to resave it ! Its happened on more then I photo to ! I was also lucky enough to remember who the creation was made by and look it up and there it is so I can resave the ones I was missing ! I think its a cc problem !

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm
post #9 of 26

Alot of times I take pictures of my cakes in stages. Like my Snowboarder Cake(in my photos). I took a picture first of the Snowboarder, to see what ppl thought. Then when I finished the cake, I posted that picture and take off the picture of just the snowboarder. My cakes don't compare to anyone elses, so I don't think it's a big lost for anyone. Just try to keep the servers cleared up. This site is SOO helpful to me, I don't want to loose it.

HTH!

vickymacd Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:37am
post #10 of 26

Thanks everyone for all your replies.
I just got home from work, but it sounds like this is a a problem we've all had to deal with at some point.

Honestly, taking your toys and going home....why can't they stay and play? Grrrrrr. I have cookies!

ziggytarheel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:33am
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Honestly, taking your toys and going home....why can't they stay and play? Grrrrrr. I have cookies!

I know. I'm more of a "let's all play together" sort of girl. And I'll definitely steal, er, um share your cookies!

vickymacd Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:56am
post #12 of 26

ziggy,
I think I'm tellin' on you!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:13pm
post #13 of 26

we did have a few decorators who recently took down all their photos. We also receive occasional requests to have older photos removed.

So what you are experiencing is probably a combination of deleted photos and also some impact from that crash we had a little while ago.

ziggytarheel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:

ziggy,
I think I'm tellin' on you!

You don't have to tell on me, I'll tell on myself most likely, since I'm highly allergic to eggs.... You'll know if I stole any!

vickymacd Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #15 of 26

Ziggy, that's rough to be a cake freak like all of us (I hope I didn't just insult you!) and be allergic to eggs.

So, don't tell on me or I'll throw an egg at you!!

vickymacd Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm
post #16 of 26

heath,
Have another question about the 'my favorite photos'....
if there is a photo in there that WE no longer want to save, HOW do we get rid of it? The 'add to favorites' button doesn't allow us to delete them now. Do we keep them forever? Thanks!!

ziggytarheel Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:09pm
post #17 of 26

He he he

Can I answer this question?

icon_biggrin.gif

If I'm understanding your question correctly:

Click on the photo you want to remove from your favorites. (poor little cake)

Since it is in your favorites, the button will not say "add to favorites". It will say "remove from favorites".

Click that.

icon_smile.gif

Oh, and if it is in your favorites and the button says "add to favorites", click it, and then it will say, "remove from favorites".

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #18 of 26

Ah Hah, but that is not working correctly.

All my cakes in my favorites say "Add to favorites" I have to click that and let the picture come back and then it says "Remove from favorites" and then I can click that and hopefully after all that it is gone.

It never used to work that way. Oh I am so confused. icon_confused.gif

vickymacd Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:20am
post #19 of 26

Ziggytarheel,
It didn't work! I brought up the pic, clicked on the 'add to favorites' and up came the 'remove from favorites' and then I clicked on that. Nope. Even went back to the 'my favorites' and it was still there!

I'm trying to save these things in folders elsewhere just so that I have them all AND organized, but just can't remove them! This is getting frustrating since I want them organized!!

Heath? anyone else want to take a stab at this?

KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:11am
post #20 of 26
Quote:

Ziggytarheel,
It didn't work! I brought up the pic, clicked on the 'add to favorites' and up came the 'remove from favorites' and then I clicked on that. Nope. Even went back to the 'my favorites' and it was still there!

Well Vicky, what I notice is that you have to wait a little while for the picture to disappear from your favorites. Check back after 15 minutes to an hour or maybe even a day and it will be gone.

vickymacd Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:06am
post #21 of 26

KathysCC,
THANK YOU!! It worked!! icon_smile.gif

vickymacd Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #22 of 26

It's taking forever for me to go through all 'my favorite photos', but I'm cleaning up and organizing them in folders!! It's all working now and I'm so excited to be able to pull a photo for reference now! The only ones I'm keeping in 'my favorites' are the ones with instructions in the comments.
SO MUCH EASIER!!!!!

Thank you all!!!!

KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:02pm
post #23 of 26

How do you put your saved photos in folders? All of mine are just in one place and I don't see a way to organize them.

vickymacd Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:15pm
post #24 of 26

On my computer, I have an area for all my photos, being family or cakes. Within that cake folder I go to the area that says 'make a new folder'. Remember, I'm still in the cake folder. Then in that NEW folder I made one for 'wedding', 'babies', etc. Then go into 'my favorties photos' on CC and 'save picture as' and then it brings up which folder I want to put it in. It's really simple but sorry if I can't explain it. All I know is, if I want to find a cookie that I remember seeing...I jump into the 'cookie' folder and there it is!

KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:31pm
post #25 of 26

Ohhh! You are saving them on your computer. I thought that there was a way to make folders on CC in the My Favorite Photos section. The problem with saving on your own computer is that you don't know who made them or have their comments.

vickymacd Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:06am
post #26 of 26

I agree! So when I save them on the computer, I save them under the CC name that made it. If there are any comments/tips on making that cake, I keep it on the 'my favorites' so I don't lose the tips. I know it seems like I may have them in two places, but it's so much easier than going through page after page on CC!!
I just like to have things organized. I wish we could do it on CC. Would make ALL our lives easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%