Deluxe Oven Owners... Baking Temp???

Business By peacockplace Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm by JenniferMI

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

For those of you who own convect a ray ovens... what temp to you usually back you cakes at? In my old oven I used 325. Is that what I should use in my Deluxe oven? Thanks a ton!

5 replies
DesignerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerCakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 6

The manufacturer recommends starting at the same temperature you would in your previous oven, then tweeking it depending on the results.

I bake between 325 and 350 in my Deluxe oven. The lower grate does not get as hot as the top two. I keep an oven thermometer in the middle rack to keep track. The first time I turned it on, I placed the same thermometer in different positions throughout the oven so I could gauge where the temperature might vary.

The best thing to do is to just test it out using one of your usual recipes. Use a pan you might normally use, like a 10" or something similar.

Good luck!

peacockplace Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

For those of you who own convect a ray ovens... what temp to you usually back you cakes at? In my old oven I used 325. Is that what I should use in my Deluxe oven? Thanks a ton!

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif It's too late to edit the first post. I just read it laughed out loud. I meant bake your cakes not back you cakes.

Thanks DesignerCakes! I'll try that.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:45am
post #4 of 6

I bake in mine at 300 degrees. I do have the pie sheets in mine, they go over the regular oven racks.

peacockplace Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 6

Ok, this may be dumb, but what is a pie sheet?

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 6

A pie sheet is a cookie sheet like pc. of metal that goes over the racks. I was having problems with the temp. being equal from rack to rack. Earlene Moore has an oven like this and I was telling her about my problems, so she told me this is what she has. Works great!

(I just happened to come back here, but most of the time I don't, so e-mail me if you have questions. [email protected] )

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%