Can I Get Website Templates For Free?

Business By QueenBee1 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm by lovetofrost

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of mine is working on developing my new website. He sent me a link to a website where I can select and purchase templates. They are not very expensive. Most of them are under $100. However, I seem to remember previous posts about free templates. Do I remember right? Are there websites where I can get templates for free? I want to be able to select a template and still have my friend customize it and design my website.

Please help.

Thanks!!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 5

If I remember correctly, Microsoft offers a few free templates at their site. What are you doing for hosting? Many hosting companies offer free templates.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 5

I use yahoo, which gives me a professional and easy to use website. I think I pay $8 a month for web-hosting and they have tons of templates (I customized my colors and content and added a lot of photos).

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 5

I designed my Web site from a free bridal Web site templates. Google free wedding website template and you'll get tons.

I also recently discovered www.ewisoft.com, and I really like it. You have to download the program, but it's VERY easy to use and if you have a FTP access to your Web site, you can publish the whole thing with the click of a button.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

I use 1and1.com. It is very easy and user friendly. I pay something like $8 a year for mine. But my husband has another site that we host too so I'm not sure if it is discounted or something. His is still very inexpensive too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%