Calling Tiptop... Before The Crash Of '08

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm by plbennett_8

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:09am
post #1 of 3

Hey TipTop,

The legendary crash...and all that was lost...sigh... You had posted a "12 Ways to a Better Product" which I had, of course, put on my watch list... It is now lost in cyber space... icon_cry.gif

I could have PM'd you, and asked for it, but I thought that we have a lot of new people that could benefit from it as I did... I would like to print it out and hang it by my mixer... Funny, you get busy... Could you please repost it for all of us that are still learning as we go?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat

2 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 3

Well aren't you sweet for remembering.......

Here you go:

12 easy steps to a better creation

We are all on a journey together to improve our cake designs. Looking specifically at your own work with a critical eye is probably the most difficult thing to do. But if you look at each of the Cake Judging Criteria listed below and ask yourself each question you will begin to improve your design skills. Here is a hint: think of a decorator you admire and ask yourself the question below as it that decorator is standing right next to you.

1.) Is it creative (using original design or clever adaptation of another idea) and is interesting and pleasing?

2.) Is the cake or cake form uniform shape and thickness?

3.) Does my cake have a smooth coat of frosting without crumbs and the cake cannot be seen through design?

4.) Is the cake design clean not cluttered or overdone, neat and skillful?

5.) Is the design size in proportion to cake and the cake board?

6.) Are the design colors compatible and go well together?

7.) Is the color choice and use, mixed well without streaking, and compliments the overall design?

8.) Is the design spacing appropriate and/or even.

9.) Is my handwriting on the cake measured, uniform, with consistent placement, and part of the design?

10.) Have I used a suitable degree of difficulty for my skill level? Am I pushing myself to improve?

11.) Am I using the proper use of tips i.e. control, pressure and technique?

12.) Have I paid attention to the cake board and is it 2 to 3 inches bigger than the cake?

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 3

TipTop,

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif Got it this time! Copies into Word for posterity...chuckle... icon_wink.gif

CC is not sending notices again on topics, so everybody pay attention.

Many Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%