Need Some Advice From Those In Cincinnati

Lounge By beccakelly Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 3:21pm by beccakelly

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 3

hi all,

my DH and i are starting to look into buying a house! it would be our first one, we've been renting an aparment for about 4 years. can anyone tell me what an average energy bill is? water/sewer? i'm trying to budget for how much house we can afford to buy. i'm especially concerned about the energy bill. the whole time we've been married we've been in apartments that pay the heat bill. i've been spoiled with $10-20 energy bills each month in the winter! i have no clue how much the heat bill should cost.

thanks for any info/advice you can offer!

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:47am
post #2 of 3

I live in West Chester. I don't know how our bills compare to those in different areas around the city, but here goes:

water ~$65
heat/AC ~$200-260 depending on the season
trash/recycling ~$65 every 3 months

Happy hunting!

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 3

thanks for responding! yikes, those are higher than i expected! i guess its a good thing i'm asking. i was out for a run a little while ago and saw this really really cute little house for sale, and i got the bug! now all i can really think about is buying a house, getting out of an apartment. we'd like to stay in the deer park school district, we've really loved being in this area!

anyone else have a suggestion on budgeting the utility bills?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%