The Cakes That Would Not Be.....

Decorating By mizshelli Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 7:26am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 5

So I get an order from my friend for 2 birthday cakes on the same weekend, no problem right? I got edible images done of the pictures she wanted because I didn't have much time this week to do them. Sounds fast and easy right? HA! The first cake I baked---no vegetable oil, had to redo it (thankfully I had an extra cake mix in the cupboard). Second cake, came out great, just a little crumbly. Well, she wanted chocolate cream cheese icing on both, normally not a problem, but I ran out of powdered sugar and the icing was a bit soft. So I put it in the fridge. Then it was too hard. >.<. Made the third cake, filled it with a marshmallow chocolate filling and put it in the fridge. Half an hour later, I look in the fridge and the entire top of the cake had slid off onto the bottom of my refrigerator and broke into pieces. At this point, I'm sick of baking and out of cake mix. I call my sister and we go to the store for more stuff. I finally got them all done and decorated, but I'm not happy with them at all. She picked them up and thought they were fine, but I guess we'll see. I know I'm never baking 4 cakes in one day ever again!!!!

4 replies
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:24am
post #2 of 5

We all learn from our mistakes, sweety. I made that mistake more than once. I do both doctored and scratch cakes. I made 4 doctores cakes and they were chocolate. One came out tasting like crap. The next one had droopy frosting. I don't know what I did but I added hazelnut kahlua and cocoa powder and more sugar and it was grainy. I kept mixing it and was finally happy with it. Another time I forgot to add veg. oil. Soo sad but I made a scratch recipe and I was done for at least a month. Just keep your head up. Next time you'll do fine. icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 7:58am
post #3 of 5

Hi mizshelli,

Sorry about the problems you had!

I had to reply to this email though! Your quote at the bottom is priceless. Maybe next time your "other" self can help baking (just kidding ). Really funny! I gotta tell my DH tomorrow!

I'm glad everything turned out in the end!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5

OMG - You poor thing!!!! Even with all of this, hopefully you learned what you did wrong......

Next time will surely be better!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:26am
post #5 of 5

*hugs*

love your siggy too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%