Cupcake Bouquets

Decorating By Danishwiz Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 6:32am by lovethecake

Danishwiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danishwiz Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, so I am making my first cupcake bouquet this weekend. I have read all of the dirctions but I thought maybe so of you could give me some trial and error advise. Any tips or tricks would be great.
Thanks!

9 replies
Darla925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darla925 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 10

My advice would be to definitely angle your bottom toothpicks upward. This will aid in the cupcakes not falling off. I had to use two toothpicks in a couple of the bottom cupcakes as well.

snoopy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snoopy3 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 10

I like to put my icing on once the cupcakes are already on the picks, that way I don't smudge them. I have iced them before I put on the picks (actually I use popsicle sticks) and it was harder to position them. This way, you get them all in the spot you want and then you put on your icing!

HTH

Yoliebean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yoliebean Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 10

Here is what I did. After trying the toothpick style with success but not completely happy with the results I found a picture on CC of a bouquet made by stapling 5oz. plastic disposable cups together to make your frame. You then hot glue this to a cake board and wrap the whole thing up with tissue. You put all your cupcakes in and then frost. They come out beautiful everytime!!!

If I did this right a picture will be attached that cinjam (here on CC) sent me to help me get a visual. If I didn't do this right (I won't be suprised lol) look up photos by cinjam and you will see the cupcakes.
LL

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 10

The cup method is exactly how I do it, so much easier IMO and they always look nice! I can email you further instructions if you need. Good Luck! Andrea

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 10

I agree with the cup method. I had a bad stapler and ended up doing 3 bunches of 7 instead of the 19 that I had seen. The hardest thing about doing these is finding the cups! icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to mine...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1197527.html

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 10

I would love to have the instructions for the cup method if anyone is willing to share. [email protected]

Thanks !
Leslie

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #8 of 10

Here are the instructions I used... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-46327-cupcake.html+bouquet

I hope the link works. If not, let me know.

Mara

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:05am
post #9 of 10

Leslie, I emailed you the instructions I have, they are a version of the ones Mara posted, but with pictures icon_smile.gif

lovethecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovethecake Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:32am
post #10 of 10

I would love to have the how to pics

can you please andpotts email me too

[email protected]

I love to try cupcake bouquet one day

thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%