One Door Closes...

Business By maryjsgirl Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm by maryjsgirl

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 15

For over a year I have been trying to get my own cake business started. Its been one thing after the other, road block and road block. I am using only my own money that I have saved up. Well only a couple of weeks ago we were waiting for a building to empty to lease. Things were pretty set in stone. Then some personal issues came up that in the end will be taking half of my savings. So I gave up and decided its just not meant to be right now and decided to hold off for a year or so.

Yeah it has been a little depressing, but what can you do?

Well last night my Pastor called to speak with my husband. He has been very supportive and knows what we have been going through. He is also a business owner who started out with meager means. So he has been a mentor in that aspect too. So anyways, our church is very new. It started off in an apartment with four people and then grew to an empty building with a congregation of fifty or so. Slowly, but surely a room gets done one by one, carpet gets laid, chairs donated, and finally just this week finally a sign. Now that things are coming together they have decided to start up a daycare. So of course they will be needing a kitchen for that. When the issue of a kitchen came up he thought of my husband and I. He said he wants to add all the necessary things in the kitchen that I will need to get licensed. He said that I can use it free of charge, because he believes in us and wants to help us start our business.

Words can't even express how happy I am. Not only, because I may finally be attaining my dream, but that someone (other than family) is being so supportive and giving to me.

Anyways, I just wanted to share. Maybe give those that keep getting doors closed in their faces, or feel things are impossible a little hope.

14 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 15

girl as you know, when 1 door closes God opens a window, another door or whatever. Rejoice in it, he has given you a reward to do what you wanted cheaper and safer on you, you are blessed! thumbs_up.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:43am
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

girl as you know, when 1 door closes God opens a window, another door or whatever. Rejoice in it, he has given you a reward to do what you wanted cheaper and safer on you, you are blessed! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 15

I'm so happy for you. I believe in always Paying it Foward.

That's great that you have someone that believes in YOUR dream.

TBW.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 15

In our house we belive that "every knock's a boost", meaning every time you are knocked back, it's actually a boost up. We've seen it over and over.

Plus, I adamently believe that "when you do right by people, then people do right by you."

I think both apply to you right here! Congrats girl!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:56am
post #6 of 15

WOOT!!!!

Congrats to you! God surely works in mysterious ways!

amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:27am
post #7 of 15

That is so great! Congrats!

maryjsgirl Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:57am
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

In our house we belive that "every knock's a boost", meaning every time you are knocked back, it's actually a boost up. We've seen it over and over.

Plus, I adamently believe that "when you do right by people, then people do right by you."

I think both apply to you right here! Congrats girl!

And you know what? Normally I am the type that when I get knocked down I just take it as a defeat. I just give up, because I think to myself that it wasn't meant to be.

This is the first time I can remember in a long time that I got knocked down and kept getting up!

Thanks Indydebi!

maryjsgirl Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:58am
post #9 of 15

Thanks ladies!

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:12am
post #10 of 15

That is awesome!!! It is so nice to have unbiased support of someone! I wish you all the luck...you are truly blessed.

Love you avatar and siggy.....we're rootin' for the same guy!

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:55pm
post #11 of 15

For me a hit is the eternal spiritual dilemma. Is God trying to challenge me to work harder and grow and learn, or is He trying to move me in another direction?
I'm glad you got your answer pretty quickly.

icon_rolleyes.gif I voted for the other gal.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #12 of 15

I've got to tell you, when I read your post I almost started to cry!!!! This is SO true ~ Satan tries so hard to beat us down, but the Lord ALWAYS prevails! I see that again and again and again. PRAISE GOD for all that He has done!!!!

Blessings to you!
<Starkie>

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 15

Congratulations! You are so fortunate to have someone to go out on a limb for you. But don't get too comfortable there. I looked at your work, and you're really talented. The more you do it, the more space you're going to need for all your "stuff"!(hee hee)
If this is the first tiny step toward your dream, then hold onto your hat, its gonna get alot bigger!
Congratulations, and YOU GO!!!!!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:25pm
post #14 of 15

Congratulations! I wish my pastor would call with that kind of offer. To many politics in our church right now.!

Lu

maryjsgirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks everyone! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%