2-Flavored Sheet Cake

Decorating By 29penguins Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm by indydebi

29penguins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29penguins Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:03am
post #1 of 4

I am relatively new to the cake business and was just asked to do a sheet cake that is half chocolate and half vanilla. Any advice or tips on the best way to do this that doesn't involve making two seperate cakes and sticking them side by side and decorating as one cake would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:00am
post #2 of 4

I just mix the vanilla cake up first then pour in 1/2 of the pan, then make the chocolate cake up and pour in the other half of the pan, kind of swirl the two together in the middle and bake till done. For one mix of each i use an 11x15x2 pan

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 4

I sorta do like peg818 except that I have both mixes made at the same time and pour both at the same time starting in the center. the two batters meet together and sorta stop each other. as long as you dont stir or move the batter around too much you will get a fairly even split between the 2 flavors. I get this request alot with many dif. types of flavors.
Good Luck

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 4

same as both of the above, except I elevate one end of the pan when I pour in the first batter (kinda keeps it on one side of the pan until you can pour the send batter in). I turn a saucer upside down and set the pan on that....it doesn't have to be elevated very much.

chocolate rises higher than white cake, so dont' be surprised when you see this. when you trim the cake, it will all turn out the same! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%