I Need A Wedding Cake!

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 8:47pm by Batter-UpBakery

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 18

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married and I'm currently shopping around for cakes. I've called cake vendors in my area (Miami, FL) and they don't have the flavors that I'm looking for =( I guess with making cakes myself, I have high expectations LOL

I wish I would be able to do the cake myself, but I know that I won't have time for that...
I'm having problems with the fillings. I want a cupcake tower (chocolate & vanilla, then an 8" cake on top- chocolate & vanilla with cookies & cream filling. None of the vendors I've spoken with provide cookies & cream icon_sad.gif )

I also wanted to get a small grooms cake and surprise my Fiance with it. A Miami Dolphins helmet (chocolate & vanilla-with peanut butter filling. Again, no vendors provide peanut butter filling!)

Ugghhh.. just venting... thanks icon_cool.gif

17 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 18

well that's poop! Surely someone on here can help ya out or at least knowof someone who could! thumbs_up.gif

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 18

I'll do it, but my delivery charge will be very high!

It's a shame you couldn't find someone to decorate everything and if they didn't use the fillings you wanted, you could possibly make them ahead of time for them to use.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 18

I can't help you out with your cake but wanted to let you know that cookies 'n cream filling is my most popular filling-with both kids and adults!

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 18

My delivery fee would blow your budget but I can tell you that I made my own 5 tier wedding cake covered in fondant, petit fours for favors and my groom's cake for my wedding and everything worked out ok. I covered all my tiers on the wednesday, made the petit fours and groom's cake on that Friday morning. You can do it if you plan well.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 18

I, like Melvin, am wondering can you make the fillings, bring them to the baker, they put them in the cake, you eat the cake, everyone is happy! YAY! Will they go for that? Good Luck!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 18

I'm sure someone will be able to help. I'm another one where the delivery charge would be too high.. icon_wink.gif . I can't believe no one around is willing to make you PB filling.. just crazy. I know that I would find a recipe for a flavor that a customer wanted. Good Luck!! icon_smile.gif

Babarooskie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #8 of 18

I've thought about making it myself...but I have so much to do. I'm also doing my own wedding favors and possibly my own floral arrangements!

I'm pretty sure that the bakery won't allow it. They'll be too worried that their reputation may be mistaken for something else...

thank you all for your comments icon_razz.gif

Babarooskie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 18

UPDATE:

Well, I found a place that has the fillings I want. BUT, and it's a big BUT....they charge $2.25 per cupcake?! icon_eek.gif
"Starting price"

And $2.75/per person for BC cake
$3.00 for fondant cake per person...

I start charging cupcakes @ $1.50/ per cupcake!

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:07pm
post #10 of 18

I know it seems kinda high @ $2.25/cupcake but you have to look at it as.......it is $2.25/serving which is cheaper than their cake price per serving. I don't know how many cupcakes you are looking for but I am sure you understand it is a lot of work (since you do them). They are also individually decorating each one. I know it takes some people longer to do cupcakes than a big cake. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Babarooskie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:15pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom9431

I know it seems kinda high @ $2.25/cupcake but you have to look at it as.......it is $2.25/serving which is cheaper than their cake price per serving. I don't know how many cupcakes you are looking for but I am sure you understand it is a lot of work (since you do them). They are also individually decorating each one. I know it takes some people longer to do cupcakes than a big cake. Hope you find what you are looking for.

I understand that cupcakes are more detailed, but every other place I've called start their cupcakes at $1.75 the max.
I'm going to need 100 cupcakes plus a small cake on top (maybe 6" or 8")

This is something I have in mind:
But rather than the flowers, have sea shells on the cupcakes...
LL

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:30pm
post #12 of 18

It would be very easy for you to do this yourself...much less stressful than a normal wedding cake. Bake your cake and cupcakes ahaead of time, make your frosting ahead and the shells too. It doesn't take to long to ice a small cake smooth and put a big swirl of icing on top. The hard part would be the shells, and you could make those several weeks in advance!

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 18

Too bad we live so far apart!! I would gladly donate my time to helping you with the baking!!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:40pm
post #14 of 18

In St.Louis that is a reasonable price.

I think you can pull this off. Get your bridesmaids to help. You ice and they can put shells on etc.

When my 18 year old DD gets married ( not soon I hope) she has me making the dress, the cake, flowers and the bridesmaid dresses!!!!! lol

She took a class in High School. They gave her 10,000 dollars to plan her wedding.

I let her stay in her fantasy world!!!!!! lol

Good luck!

I'm pulling for you!

LU
!

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

Quote:

I understand that cupcakes are more detailed, but every other place I've called start their cupcakes at $1.75 the max.

what tip are they using for this cupcakes? I charge 1.25 a cupcake.

Babarooskie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

Quote:

what tip are they using for this cupcakes? I charge 1.25 a cupcake.

Not sure about the tip. But I'm a simple cake kinda girl... so I wouldn't mind if they used a 1M tip for the cupcakes. I could probably pull it off, but my issue is with bringing the cakes tot he venue location. I owuld have to trust someone to do that and I would be too nervous for that! The day of the wedding, I have to get my hair done, makeup, etc...I wouldn't have time to take it myself...

But I know even with professionals mistakes happen.

Babarooskie Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:36pm
post #17 of 18

Well....

I officially have a date!!!! March 14, 2009

I'm so excited icon_biggrin.gif

Still need a cake though icon_rolleyes.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 8:47pm
post #18 of 18

good luck, i hope you can either find someone to do it or find the time yourself!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%