Funny Story....

Decorating By cakedout Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 6:11pm by Parable

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 5

Just had to tell you all this story....I thought it was hilarious (and maybe a little disturbing)! icon_lol.gif

I am making 8 sheet cakes in the church kitchen for our pastor's farewell reception. I had some cake scraps that I put into a container to leave for the church staff to nibble on (like I do for my family), but later decided that some of the staff can be a bit..hmm...nit-picky and neat freaks, so I thought better of it and dropped the container into the trash and left.

So yesterday I get this e-mail:

church staff: "when we came in this morning the whole church smelled wonderful! It is driving us crazy! Don't be surprised if you find a corner of one of the cakes missing. icon_smile.gif

me: "Sorry. Guess I should have saved you some cake tops." icon_smile.gif

church staff: "Ahhh....we need to practice the spiritual discipline of deprivation."

icon_lol.gif I laughed and thought that was the end of that. Later that night I get this e-mail:

church staff: "The cake you make for the pastor is delicious! Thank you for not dumping anything else on top of the cake scraps!" It was signed from "your dumpster-diving church staff".

icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I laughed like crazy and yet was a little incredulous that they actually took it out of the trash!

Guess it's a compliment ... in a wierd way. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 5

Now that's a compliment!

umabdurrahman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umabdurrahman Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 5

was it the nit-pickers who took them out of the trash??

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

eeewwww....
You must make a really good cake!!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

OMG.....ROTFLMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%