Where Can I Find Dragees?

Decorating By Kyleen Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 11:31pm by Kyleen

Kyleen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kyleen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:04am
post #1 of 8

Hi All,
Well I am having a very hard time trying to find silver oval dragees. Lindy Smith did sell them on her website with some other shapes, but now does not sell the ovals. I was hoping with all you wonderful CCers out there that maybe someone has come across a website that you have found with a variety of dragees other than just the round. I need the dragees for a wedding cake in May and was wanting to order in advance. Thanks so much. Kyleen icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Kyleen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:41am
post #2 of 8

Bump bump.....bump bump bump bump. LOL to the song. icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:53am
post #3 of 8

Hi Kyleen, Is it the almond dagrees? did you try Squires Kitchen? I saw them in their site.

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 8

I actually ran into some at the "fresh market" grocery. Was shocked since they usually only carry organic etc. but they had them in the spice / baking area. Both the round and the oval. I bought all they had here in tampa bay because I have not seen any in any store here locally.

Now sure if you have a Fresh Market store in your area. I now look at every grocery store baking isle even latin and mexican grocers around here and find some different item and different colored sugars and decorations.

Kyleen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 8

darn, dont have a fresh market here in Baton Rouge. gosh, wish squires had small dragees. not the almond ones. i am using them to replicate the beading on a wedding dress cake. thanks for your help. icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 8

Hi Kyleen, I was just going through Surbiton Atr and I saw what you are looking for. but I don't know what size they are. Here is the link,

http://www.surbitonart.co.uk/acatalog/Sugarcraft_Catalogue_Dragees_33.html

Hope this is the one you want.

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 8

I was at the Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugar Land, Texas today and they had the silver oval dragees. Their website is http://www.cakecraftshoppe.com/default.asp
where you can order online.

Good luck!

Kyleen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 8

double darn. The chocolate dragees are way too large and I did look on the website for the cake craft shoppe and it is not on their site. Crud. I guess I am going to have to make the 5 hour trip to sugarland for the dragees. I normally go six times a year ,but was not planning on going until next month. I try to plan it around the Houston Cake club meetings. icon_smile.gif Thank you all so very much for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%