Duplicate Photos Are Not Allowed - Does Anyone Read This?

Decorating By KathysCC Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm by KathysCC

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:27pm
post #61 of 85

I agree. I think the same thing happens with the forum post.

I just posted one with a question about mmf and haven't received a response.

Surely someone knows about it.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:48pm
post #62 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Another suggestion, if I may.

Also think hard before you upload another Character cake. I mean, just how many Spiderman, Dora or Diego cakes can I look at? lol

Unless it's an unusual technique used.

I disagree with this. You could say the same thing about stacked cakes wit hcornelli lace, or sheet cakes wit hroses in the corners. There are only so many ideas. Why can't a person just be proud of their character cake and show it off to other fellow cake buddies?

TheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeLadie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:20am
post #63 of 85

I agree what does it matter if you don't want to look at then don't. Everyone of these cakes are somewhat the same and somewhat different.
I Really don't understand what the Big deal is.
But I'am NEW at this.
P.S. This comment has no attitude what so ever

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:53am
post #64 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Our wonderful JanH has posted links on becoming a Gallery Supporter ...THANKS JANH...YOU'RE A DOLL icon_biggrin.gif

As for becoming a moderator, Jackie and Heath makes that decision. The mods monitor the forums and try to keep the peace when threads become heated icon_smile.gif Make sure that threads are placed in the correct forum(s), answer pm's from the members, take care of reported posts and pictures...other duties as necessary to help Jackie and Heath maintain the forums.
thumbs_up.gif

Thanks so much stephanie for answering my question. This was one of those things I just always wanted to know. icon_smile.gif

And sorry it took so long for me to thank you. I wasn't receiving watch messages on this thread. icon_confused.gif I didn't even know it had gone beyond the first page icon_eek.gif .

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:20am
post #65 of 85

You are welcome KathysCC icon_biggrin.gif

Ok ladies and gents, please remember that the people that you are refering to might just possibly be reading this and feeling hurt icon_cry.gif

Please remember that we are all excited about our cakes and want the praise and recognition from the members...we are only human icon_lol.gif .

Just press that report button and relax...it will be taken care of icon_cool.gif

Have a good one thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:42am
post #66 of 85

Amen Stephanie icon_smile.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:56am
post #67 of 85

am I the only person who reads all the terms?

Not just here... I remember the very first day though that I clicked agree, sign me up, about the 1 photo thing. And so I work to take the picture just right so that I don't have to add a second picture.

Why are we a generation of people who don't read the rules?! I LOVE RULES!! there I said it. I love them. And I love when everybody follows them.

As a totally random thought...

I was at this meeting a few weeks ago and the sign on the door said 'no saving seats' so we walked in and saw 3 seats and went to sit down and the lady int he 4th seat said, 'oh no, these seats are saved.' and so I said, the sign on the door says no saving seats... I thought she may smack me. But we sat down anyway and she got over it (at least she didn't smack me).

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:01am
post #68 of 85

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHRISTI!!!!!!!

I read the first and last page of this post so I do not presume to know what went on on the pages in between.

I just want to say that I do agree with the rules of multiple pic uploads of the same cake. Please let it be a different view of the cake completely. I ran across a cake here about a week ago that must have had like 6 pics that were "centimeters" different than the previous one. It just gets boring seeing ALL the same pic. If I see multiples of the same cake that are not obviously different in any way, I don't click on them.

About having a gazillion of the same character cake, I do agree that we don't need to see a gazillion of the same character but let's take Thomas the Tank Engine for example. I have done one of them and there have been numerous Thomas cakes uploaded since mine and ALL of them feature a different technique (some one on this thread already posted something similiar to this. Sorry don't remember who right now. icon_smile.gif. I for one don't mind if there are different techniques. I am always looking for new techniques instead of the same ol' same ol'!

That said, I will say I am guilty of not rereading our rules here. I think I will do that just to make sure I don't step outside the bounds.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amy

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:05am
post #69 of 85

Thank you Amy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:19am
post #70 of 85

You're welcome! I'm approaching 10 years myself on May 30th and my DH isn't even going to be here for it! icon_cry.gif Oh well, I'll get over it! We've been together for 16 years.

Anyway, I hope it was a great anniversary for you.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread........! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #71 of 85

I just had to go check out mine too! LOL FYI... my eiffel tower cake has an explanation for why there are two!! Don't hate me!

Also.... I was just wondering if it is just me but I have several thumbs that aren't mine in my photos but when I click on them they take me to the actual photo..... anybody else have that? Do you see their thumbs when you look at "marthajo1's photos"? I have (that aren't mine) a gorgeous white cake, a snicker's cake, a topsy turvy bright colored one, and some tennis ball cupcakes..... Just wondering....

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:43am
post #72 of 85

That's weird Martha! I don't see any of the cakes you mention in your photos. Are they in your favorites (or were they supposed to be?)...maybe there is a bug and they're showing up in the wrong folder.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:48am
post #73 of 85
Quote:
Quote:

Also think hard before you upload another Character cake. I mean, just how many Spiderman, Dora or Diego cakes can I look at? lol

Actually I don't give a hoot how many Thomas, Spiderman, Dora etc etc etc character pics get posted. As long as there's a gallery for them what difference does it make how many are posted! Those decorators are as proud of them as I am of my work. I love doing basket weave but who's going to complain about too much of that? Hmmm?

There are many many here who are far more talented decorators than I and some who haven't gotten to where I am. That's not bragging, just a simple fact. I may try for another ten years and never get any better than I am today, and yet there are some who have been at it for 1-2 stinkin years and do stuff I can only dream of doing someday. Oh well such is life.

I agree about multiple postings of the same cake, unless it's to show the front and back with very different detail. I appreciate when a person posts a full cake pic and then zooms in on the topper, for instance. Often times I will pm someone for more detail.

I look at hundreds more pics from your profiles and photo buttons in your posts than what I see on the home page. I have some of you on my Buddy list just so I can have easy access to your work/profile, without having to search so often. I lose myself in your galleries all the time because I read your post and click your buttons.

I've been making a bigger effort lately to click on the pics I see on the home page before I even go to the forum questions, because of complaints about pics not being commented on. I tried to go to the uncommented pics and found out I couldn't access them because I'm not a gallery supporter? So all those complaints and I can't even make the extra effort to help out? I've even e mailed gallery support members about becoming one and not gotten a response.

I've gone on too long and I apologize. I just see some or maybe a lot of these complaints as small stuff not worth the stress, as the saying goes. If everyone followed all the rules all the time this world wouldn't be what it is. But the fact is it is and not everyone IS going to do it right all the time. Life is too short to freak out about cake pics people. State the rules and then let the people check themselves. Otherwise use the report button and let the supervisors take care of it. It just ain't a real ball breaker in my opinion.

NanaNut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaNut Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:00am
post #74 of 85

Sorry to be a party pooper. The rules simply say the same photo. Some cakes have many details that decorators spend lots of time working on. I think if the decorator would like to display their work in a way to showcase all the details they put in, they should be able to. In fact, I think some of the more seasoned pros on here should do the same for their cakes instead of just one photo, so their work and detail could be viewed and showcased more. It is, afterall, the simple details and little intricate details that truely make a cake fabulous. That is how the newbes can learn from the pros. Anyone can gawk at many of your awesome cakes, but to truely help others learn we need to see the details. That is my little soap box on the deal. I will say that I agree that photos of the essentially the same thing only 1 inch wider/narrower is unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Here is a quote from the Cake Central Gallery Terms.

"Duplicate photos are not allowed.
You may upload 1 photo of a cake and choose the most appropriate photo gallery for that 1 photo. On occasion its OK to upload a different angle of your cake, but we prefer you only do that if it the other photo shows entirely different details of the cake, that are not visible at all in the other photo. Please try and limit any "different" angle photos to just 1, that way there are not more than 2 photos in the gallery of the 1 cake."

You click a button that says "I agree with the terms - Upload picture"

Does anyone read this????

I know this subject has been beat to death here in the forums but PLEASE! I have been browsing CC tonight for the first time in quite a while. The front page has been clogged several times with 2 and 3 pictures of ONE CAKE!

It is so unfair to everyone else uploading pictures and the viewers of the pictures and to the creators of this FREE website when the rules are totally disregarded.

Everytime I see this happen, I almost feel embarassed that our members are not respectful of the conditions of using this website. I also wonder how much database space would be freed up if everyone removed their duplicate pictures.

It just seems that we should be respectful of this site's creators and thankful that we can still use this site for free and help everyone by obeying a few simply rules.

Thanks for listening.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:01am
post #75 of 85

Last time I posted this topic some people almost bit my head off! icon_redface.gif... I agree..lately, I even try to not post all my pics..I have way to many.. But today Christi ask me for one and I did!... icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #76 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

I've been making a bigger effort lately to click on the pics I see on the home page before I even go to the forum questions, because of complaints about pics not being commented on. I tried to go to the uncommented pics and found out I couldn't access them because I'm not a gallery supporter? So all those complaints and I can't even make the extra effort to help out? I've even e mailed gallery support members about becoming one and not gotten a response.

Have you gone to the link . . . view information . . . and hit the "join group" button . . .

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-groupcp.html

wgoat5 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 9:51am
post #77 of 85

Edna OH PLEASE do not stop uploading your work!!! It's GORGEOUS... !!!

See.. this is what I mean... when people start feeling like they don't wanna upload or post at all.... so then we lose people...

I don't care about how many pics one posts... they could post them as to the rules...

as far as the kind they post .. who cares? Everybody starts somewhere... Everybody can learn.... doesn't matter how seasoned you are... you can still learn SOMETHING lol

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:07pm
post #78 of 85

[quote="CarolAnn"]

Quote:
Quote:

Life is too short to freak out about cake pics people. State the rules and then let the people check themselves. Otherwise use the report button and let the supervisors take care of it. It just ain't a real ball breaker in my opinion.

thumbs_up.gif

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:08pm
post #79 of 85

As a faily new gallery supporter, it is particularly frustrating when there are 8 pages of noncommented photos and a large portion of a page is all the same person. Maybe not the same picture, but so similar. Like 8 cookie pics with maybe one cookie in each pic. Do they really expect a comment on all of them. I feel like they would get tired of hearing from just me. So I will comment on one and leave the rest for someone else. On the other hand there have been elaborate cakes with only one pic that I would be glad to see a second part.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm
post #80 of 85

adven68..Just want to say LOVE the avatar !I know we should all follow the rules ,I think sometimes people get so excited about their latest creation they just post and dont think about it ! Im just so happy everyone has so many creations they want to share !

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm
post #81 of 85

I can totally see the point about not posting lots of angles of the same cake or cupcake unless they are really significant. Posting a collage is a great way to show different views.

But I know that I am just getting started...and even if I make the billionth cactus cake for Cinco de Mayo - it is a first for me! I post what I make since I am proud of my efforts and would like to have input from others.

And it's nice to see what others have made. When you ask for advice, it is nice to see that the people answering your question can and have done. It's not that I am judging (you can see from my work that I have no room to judge), it just helps to put everything into perspective.

Thanks for listening!

KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:20pm
post #82 of 85

I have to agree. This discussion should not be about posting another spider man cake. I made a chess cake and was thrilled to see here on CC all the different ways people had made something that is basically the same. It really helped me with mine.

Everyone should post as many of their cakes as they want.

I see a consensus though that it is best to follow the rules. I've seen 7 cookie pictures posted in a row or 5 pictures of one cake posted in a row. It does knock others pictures off the front page and it is VERY true that though we think our babies are gorgeous, others just need to see one picture to get the idea. Anyone who wants or needs to see more detail can PM the decorator and get more info.

Let's face it. We all like to get comments and views. The one picture rule is a good rule and makes CC a little more organized. Think of the alternative. If we did not have this rule at all, how many of us would be tempted to post 5 pictures of EVERY cake we make from every angle. That would just take away from the CC atmosphere, don't you think. icon_biggrin.gif

CakesOnly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesOnly Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:38am
post #83 of 85

As I stated before, I agree about the one rule, but as someone else said, if you have different angles and I don't mean just a few meters. As far as the front page only two of my cakes ever made it there. And I have made a few. I am still basically new, but I would like to see my cake on the front page once in a while.
On another note, I love to look at all the cakes on this site. They are all so great, and I try to see how they were done. I do wish that the pic's showed more detail. I am not real creative, so I get ideas from what others do. I just love this site!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:44pm
post #84 of 85

I recently did a Harry Potter Hogwarts cake. It had totally different angles. Anyway, point is I didn't put them all up in the gallery. I did however put them up in a forum http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-582637.html . Start to finish. That way if you wanted to see how it was done you could and it didn't load the gallery up.

KathysCC Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm
post #85 of 85

You know something I noticed. If you post more than one picture of the same cake, I think it affects your comments and saves into favorites. I think people don't know which picture to comment on and it it so much easier to see how each of your cakes are "admired" if the numbers are all on one picture instead of scattered over several pictures.

Every day there are still multiple pictures being posted of the same cake. Hope the word can get out to more people through this post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%