Cake Timeline

Decorating By Emmerdoo Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 8:49pm by poshcakedesigns

Emmerdoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmerdoo Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I have a cake due this next Sunday and I need a little bit of help from all of my fellow cake divas. Usually when I have a cake due on a Saturday or Sunday, I arrange my work schedule so that I can work Monday-Wednesday and have Thursday-due date to work on the cake. Problem is this: I am going to have to work Tuesday-Thursday nights so I really won't be able to use my normal timeline.

Please tell me if this would be a problem: Monday I am going to bake the cake, level it, de-crumb it and freeze it. On Friday, I am going to take it out, thaw it and put the spackling (thank you Toba Garrett, I will name my first child after you), buttercream and fondant on. Saturday, I am going to finish the decorations and assembling. Sunday is delivery day. Does that sound like a workable timeline and will that be ok with the fondant? Do you think fondant covering the cake will dry out and does ayone forsee any other issues that I need to be aware of?

Thanks for all your help and I promise I will post pics.

Happy Caking Ya'll
Em

1 reply
poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 2

It shouldn't be a problem. The only thing is I don't know how big your cake is. If it is frozen solid you need to allow time for it to thaw out so taking it out Friday may or maynot present a problem (just depends on how big). You will want it to thaw out before frosting it because of moisture issues.

Fondant want dry out your cake. It actually helps to keep the cake fresher a day or so longer.

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%