Help With Diabetic Cutout Sugar Cookie And Icing

Baking By toleshed Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm by toleshed

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a good recipe for this. I have a good order for Mothers Day if I can come up with something. thanks

2 replies
rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 3

Here's a recipe that works pretty well

3/4 stick butter
1 pkg sugar-free jello, flavor of choice
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

cream dry jello with butter, add egg and vanilla, then add flour and baking powder. Roll between parchment sheets, chill and cut. Bake on parchment lined sheets for 6 - 7 minutes, until edges are beginning to brown.

The recipe as I originally found it called for 3/4 cup butter, which is way too much. The cookies were so delicate that they couldn't be handled without then turning into a pile of crumbs. That batch (made with strawberry jello) was turned into some really tasty cake balls. Then I tried again with the reduced amount of butter and lime jello and got a pretty nice cookie. Instead of frosting, you might consider decorating with the same dough, thinned just enough to be piped on the raw cookie to highlight details, then bake as usual. I think lemon sugar-free jello would make a nice cookie flavor and would have a better background color for adding piped decorations in other colors. A sugar-free white chocolate dip might be nice, too.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much RhondaB
Thats great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%