Heavy Cream Same As Heavy Whipping Cream

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 11:59pm by pjaycakes

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 7

Does Heavy Cream whip up the same as Heavy Whipping Cream? I bought to 32 oz of Heavy Cream instead of my usual Heavy Whipping Cream and didn't notice until I got home.

6 replies
oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 7

It works just fine for me I have a hard time finding "whipping cream" in this town so thats what i usually use icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 7

oliveoyle (I luv that name!), I find the whipping cream at walmart. It's in the milk section, next to the Carnation coffee creamers.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 7

I could be TOTALLY wrong, but I think that heavy cream is heavy cream. If it says "whipping" that is possibly a marking term. I think it should whip up just fine regardless of whether it says whipping or not. I always buy heavy cream. Sometimes it says whipping and sometimes it doesn't, depending on the store. But it all whips.

AmazingGraceCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmazingGraceCakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 7

It's the same thing, my daughter the whipping cream expert at my house says it's the same thing.icon_smile.gif
Connie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

Here's some info I found on the 'net. I've cut-n-pasted the comment and the web address in case anyone wanted to check the site direct:

http://www.laszlo.com/Hobbies/Cooking/Recipes/icychef.html
Heavy cream is simply a whipping cream that has a butterfat content which ranges between 36 percent to 40 percent

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/a-game-we-all-can-play-11944-525-print.html
Heavy cream or heavy "whipping" cream, has 36 - 40% butterfat and when whipped it holds its form and doubles in volume. Heavy cream is used for filling and decorating pastries. So, no difference between heavy cream and heavy whipping cream. But, just plain whipping cream has a butterfat content of 30%. It whips but not as well as heavy cream, and will not hold its form long. Good for fillings but does not hold up well for piping.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

Great. I didn't know what I would do with it all if I couldn't use it for my whipped cream icing tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%