Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

I won't even copy one of my own cakes exactly because I want each cake to be unique....

Oh that is funny because I am just the opposite! I am so complimented when I get multiple brides who want a particular cake I've done. It tells me that I did at least ONE of them right! icon_lol.gif I guess they all DO turn out different, though, since each bride has different flowers/colors, but I still consider it the same cake.

icon_lol.gif I guess it is more my portfolio... right now every cake goes in there! I don't want a bunch that are the same. I guess the way I put it it actually sounded kinda negative. It is truly more fear than anything else.... probably! icon_lol.gif You know... "what if I can't do it EXACTLY the same....?"

When I design a cake..first time I do it and someone wants to repeat it is a complement icon_smile.gif ..Then repeat again..I am bored icon_redface.gif...Then repeat again...I am annoyed icon_cry.gif ...Then with the repeats is like pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee, leave it alone!
icon_lol.gif ..Unless it is a real easy cake, then i love it! .. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

MEEE TOOO EDNA. Not that stacked present cakes are "my design"...but sometimes I think, IF I HAVE TO DO ONE MORE SPOTS STRIPES AND BOWS CAKE....ho hum.

Please copy copy copy. The only offense I EVER had to this was when I had someone pm me for instructions on the tiffany engagement ring cake, which I copied as a client emailed me the link to the cakegirls website. But still in all, I had to ponder and work out how I was going to execute it. Anywho, I pm'd the instructions, and gave advice a few times to this person and when she finally posted the pic, I didn't get the tiniest of thanks, and then she went on to tell everyone she'd pm the instructions to them. I NEVER MIND EVER HELPING ANYONE, that's me and helping others is what I love to do most, but give credit where it's due.

And I agree, if you don't want your design copied, probably best not to put it here. Also, for the most part anyway, the chances of the person copying your cake being in real close proximity to you is probably slim. And even cakes I do copy always have "my look" to them.

Well..I do love the thank you's....I saw cake in here..The person use my topsy turvy design for her cake..Exactly the same but different color..No thanks icon_mad.gif ...I couldnt say anything..but i left a comment saying "good job!!!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%