Crumbcoating Frozen Sheetcake?

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 5:18pm by beachcakes

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:47am
post #1 of 7

I have a sheetcake for this evening for a church dinner. Since I work full time, I baked & froze earlier this week. Since the dinner is Fri. at 6PM, and I had a centerpiece cake to do also, I took the layers out Weds night, filled, crumbcoated and loosely covered in plastic wrap. I was afraid i'd run out of time. This afternoon I'll ice it- they're going to keep it in the back & cut it up.

I've never done this before (crumbcoating frozen two days before) and now I'm second guessing myself that this was the right thing to do. It likely didn't thaw out til Thursday morning. I thought it would be better for condensation to form on the crumbcoat than on the naked cake layers? Is the cake going to be too wet? Argh!

What do you think?

6 replies
srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

I do this with almost all of my cakes and I have so many people tell me how much they love my cakes. It will all be good.

beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you very much!! I feel better now! icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 7

no worries.....it'll be the most wonderfully moist cake they've ever had I guarantee it!!!!

beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 7

Phew! icon_smile.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 7

It'll be fine - I do this all the time and everyone raves about how moist they are.

beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all so much! You know how you start to second guess yourself? I'm famous for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%