100 Cookie Pops Question

Baking By Peeverly Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 9:53pm by Peeverly

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:12am
post #1 of 9

I have to make 100 baseball cookie pops for a principal that is retiring. I was told I could use 2 containers and put 50 in each. I think I am going to use one of those buckets that you put beverages in for the container. The problem is that I don't know how to arrange them. Isn't 50 a lot for one container? The sticks are going to be all the same length so how can I arrange that many without them looking kind of flat (know what I mean?) I really don't think that I can make some higher than another with this many? Any tips?

thanks!

Susan

8 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:38am
post #2 of 9

What size cookies will you be using?

Peeverly Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 9

I think I'm going to make a 3 to 4 inch baseball cookie. They will say "Good Luck Charlie" on all of them. Any ideas, anybody?

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 9

Just make sure that you push the "front" ones right down to the bottom to where they touch the fill and slowly graduate them upward. If it was me I'd use two different length of sticks too. Good luck. They'll be impressive!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 9

It sounds like a lot, but I think it'll be fine. Put multiple layers of styrofoam (use white for this so the sticks aren't covered in green dust.) You'll stack the foam like steps, that way you'll have three rows (or more.) Angle the sticks inwards on the sides. With the "steps" you won't have to cut your sticks. HTH!

I couldn't find a picture with lots of cookies, but this sorta gives you a visual.
http://www.acbouquet.com/Large_Smiley_Face_Candy_and.cookie.Bouquet.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 9

I suggest using bamboo skewers that way you can get more varying heights.

I would also suggest doing it 360 that way no matter what angle you look at it you see a nice show (like a flower vase)

You can get more heights in there and it will be evenly weighted too.

Peeverly Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:30pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for your help. I never thought to stack the styrofoam and I will consider using different lengths for the stick (that is certainly easy to do). Maybe I'll make 4 of 25 instead (if it's ok with them) because I think 50 is going to be too many in one container. I knew you experts would know what to do!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

... I would also suggest doing it 360 that way no matter what angle you look at it you see a nice show (like a flower vase)...

That's an excellent idea! icon_biggrin.gif

You might think about applying a little glue to you styrofoam stacks so that they don't shift while putting sticks in and then when people are taking them out. Put random dots of hot glue rather than solid sections because you won't be able to get the stick through it. Does that make sense?

Peeverly Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:53pm
post #9 of 9

These are great tips. I am going to stack the foam and I'm going arrange them in 360 degrees. Thanks so much. I hadn't thought of these ideas and now I feel a lot more comfortable about taking on this project.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%