Frozen Butter Cream Transfer Question

Decorating By chachtkd Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 12:56pm by indydebi

chachtkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chachtkd Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 4

hello everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me out. i did a fbct and layed it on mmf perfectly..did not break.... nothing. Then i attempetd to transfer it on a cake covered in bc.... welll it wouldn't stick to the cake.... it kept peeling of when i tried to get wax paper off....... finally i just free hand did it...... i am getting ready to do my sons's b-day cake and was wondering if there were any tips.......... i appreciate everything and anything!!!! (by the way i love this site.... and it IS addicting!!!!)

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 4

Did you try putting it on the BC right after taking it out of the freezer? You need to do it pronto - like immediately straight from the freezer to the cake. If you wait at all, even a few minutes, the BC will start to unfreeze, and then that could cause it to stick to the waxed paper.

Other than that, I'm not sure the reason. Mine peel right off...it should be sort of "hard" from the freezer...

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with awolf24. I've only done 1 and it was on buttercream. I laid it on directly out of the freezer and immediately peeled the paper off and no problems. Just a question - was your buttercream crusted? I don't really why it was make a difference but someone else might.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 4

It needs to be frozen as hard as you can get it. I like to put mine in the freezer at least overnight.

And yes, it will start to melt right away. Which is the same reason I always recommend air drying roses, not freezing them. Because when you take the roses out of the freezer, they will start to melt right away ... giving you hardly any time to get them on the cake.

I dont' know if it makes a difference or not, but parchment seems to peel away better for me than wax paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%