Make Freakin' Cupcakes.......

Decorating By teesme2000 Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm by SweetResults

teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 12

and have the liners stay on ?? Seems like every time I bake cupcakes, some of the liners pull away from the cupcake. Is there a secret to stop this from happening ??

Thanks !!
Laura

11 replies
Polish_princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polish_princess Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 12

do you spray your liners with anything?

teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 12

No, I don't spray the liners, just fill them with the batter.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 12

hmm this has never happened to me...

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 12

that is interesting...I have never had that happen to me before. I usually spray my liners so that the liners don't stick. Perhaps it is just the brand of liners you are using? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 12

hi hi.. i used to have this problem.. finally figured out that it's the cupcake liners thats the problem!!! icon_smile.gif I used to buy really cheap cupcake liners from my local grocery store and they always ended up peeling away.. now i buy the cupcake liners from my local bakery supply shop and the peeling away doesn't happen now except maybe a few out of a hundred cupcakes.. try changing the cupcake liners and see if it works icon_smile.gif

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 12

I have had the same problem and pinned it on the cheap liners too. Even if I buy the Reynolds at the grocery they seem to work much better than the cheap cheap ones.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 12

I've noticed this happens much more with the tin foil liners. It doesn't seem to be a problem with paper liners.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 12

I've had problems with wilton liners. When I recently bought some liners from my local cake supply store, I also had very few spots where the liner peeled away, and it was hardly noticable on the ones that did once they were iced. I'd say maybe about 5 out of 80ish cupcakes had small spots where the liner peeled away-that's it. With wilton, about half of my cupcakes had half the liner peel away. ARG!

kellygray79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellygray79 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #10 of 12

I have had the same problem but it does tend to be with the foil liners versus the paper liners. Hope using different liners will help you out!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 12

You might want to try slightly underbaking the cupcakes. They'll finish cooking once you take them out of the oven. If you leave them in the oven til they test done, they'll likely overcook once you remove them from the oven. And overbaked cake SHRINKS!

Leave them in the tin for no more than 10 minutes after removing them from the oven. If you leave them any longer, steam build up may cause the liners to peel away.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

And overbaked cake SHRINKS!

So THAT'S what happened to my cupcakes!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%