Boquet Of Sugar Cookies With Fondant Icing

Baking By maimai16 Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm by Bellatheball

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:27am
post #1 of 12

hi guys. im planning to make a boquet of sugar cookies with fondant icing for my sister-in-law.do you have any idea how would i put a stick on my cookies?do i have to put the stick on the cookies before or after i bake them?what will i use to make the fondant stuck on the cookies?thanks!

11 replies
t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:05am
post #2 of 12

I have read that people on CC either put on before or after baking. I have read that one cc addict placed the stick on before and turned the cookie over and used dough to cover the cookie stick. I tried and it worked great because after it bakes the piece of dough just blended in. Other adhere the stick with eith royalk icing or chocolate after the cookie has baked and cooled. Hope this help. You may want to do a search if this does noty help. Good luck.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 12

I'm one for putting the stick in before I bake. Occasionally I would have to use royal icing to fix a swirling cookie, but that was rare.

I find them such a PITA that I don't do them anymore, just baskets. Those sticks just drive me nuts.....chilling in the freezer, baking...they are just always in the way! LOL!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 12

I attach mine with royal icing. There are a couple of pros and cons to doing it this way. The pros are you don't have to bake the stick or worry with handling the cookies right out of the oven to put a stick in. You don't have to work around the stick when you are decorating the cookie and you can choose the best looking cookies for your bouquet. I have never had a cookie fall off the stick doing it this way.

The cons are it doesn't look quite as nice on the back and you have to wait for the icing to dry before handling the cookies to make the bouquet.

I feel like the pros outweigh the cons on this and so that is why I use this technique. It is all a matter of personal preference. Hope this helps.

Link to a spring bouquet I made:

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1207046[url]

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 12

thanks for all the infos... im going to try all of your techniques in 1 batch and see what will happen... linedancer, the spring boquet your made is neat. i love it icon_biggrin.gif

linedancer Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks, good luck with your cookies. Let us know which method you prefer. It makes an interesting topic.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 12

hey linedancer - are those orange sugar flowers in the center of your flowers?

linedancer Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 12

Hi toleshed - no, they are not sugar flowers. They are made of fondant. I rolled out peach colored fondant, embossed it with a sunflower type embosser. I was going to try to tell you what it is, but I will just go take a picture and attach. Anyway, after I embossed the fondant, I cut out each flower with a small crinkle cutter. Then while they were still on the vinyl mat, I dusted them with copper luster dust. When I got may cookies ready, I just put them on with a little thinned karo. On the attachment, the rolled and embossed fondant is at 6 o'clock with the embosser. Counter clockwise, the cut flower with the crinkle cutter beside it, then the dusted flower. I like to do as much in fondant as I can. This is one of my favorite techniques.
LL

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 12

Oh thats great! Thanks for sharing

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:52pm
post #10 of 12

Hi there! It seems that you already got your answer but I'll post this anyway. This is a great little website that has been quite helpful for me.
www.karenscookies.net
Between CC and Karen's I seem to always find what I need icon_wink.gif

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 12

At C by Design.....
They the already have there sticks arranged in the baskets. They drill a hole in the cookie then just sit it on the boquet sticks. But there cookies are 1/2 inch thick

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 12

I always put the sticks in right after they come out of the oven. It never ocurred to me that I could bake them. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%