Fake Cake Help Please

Decorating By srodts Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm by srodts

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 3

I talked a girl into having a fake wedding cake because she is doing cupcakes for her wedding and she wanted me to do a cake topper for her, now I have a problem, she wants a three tiered cake with the clear twisted pillers in between the layers. The problem? Do I have to drill a hole in the styrofoam cakes to hold the pillers or how do I do them? The other question is how much do I charge for a fake cake of 16in 12in and a real 8 in cake?

Thank you so much for your help.

Shannon

2 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 3

If I remember correctly, the clear pillar go down into the cake. So I think you'd have to make holes in the dummies.

A fake cake requires nearly as much work as a real cake, so the price shouldn't be that much less. It takes just as much time to decorate a dummy as a real cake. Styrofoam doesn't cost much less than flour/sugar/eggs.

Are you doing the cupcakes? There are alot of examples in the gallery of cupcakes on stands with the top a 6" cake.

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for you help.

No I am not doing the cupcakes she is having her family help her do them icon_confused.gif . I am just doing the fake cake with the real top cake.
Thanks again for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%