Cracking Bc

Decorating By donyell Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm by plbennett_8

donyell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donyell Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 4

I have problems with my BC cracking when I move it(sheet cakes). I have doubled my boards but still I have cracking. I use the wilton BC recipe with a little butter added for flavor. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I'm even willing to try a new BC recipe.

Thanks,
Donyell
[email protected]
www.yasacakeartisty.com

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 4

I've heard that you can add a little vinegar and that helps the cracking (small amt. - like 1 tsp per batch). There is so much sugar that you won't taste it.

But I think that the issue is still your board. Even a double board is sometimes not enough support for a sheet cake. Any give at all can cause cracks. I would try foam core for your boards or even masonite - something more sturdy than just cardboard.

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 4

I had the same problem and tried using vinegar and it did help slightly, but what i found most helpful was using a heavy duty board. I generally use a regular cakeboard and then place the cakeboard on a white cutting board for that extra support. I carry just about every cake on that cutting board and that keeps my bc from cracking.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

Try the 1/2" foam core.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%