Linkedin: Does Anyone Use It?

Business By MichelleM77 Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm by MichelleM77

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:30am
post #1 of 12

I just joined (free account) and added a few business contacts that I have. Wondering if anyone else has joined, what type of business contacts you have gotten from it, if it has helped any with your business (as far as marketing advice, etc.).

11 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 12

I joined it a while ago, but I haven't really noticed a whole lot of activity as a result of it.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 12

never heard of it.....

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 12

I'm looking at it right now as a way to get marketing advice and things like that. If one of my contacts ends up being a customer, well then that's just a bonus, but I figure it might be a way to get a corporate customer too (sending out holiday tins of cookies, etc.). We'll see.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 12

I've never heard of it either. Hmm...

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 12

I think it's similar to the business version of MySpace or Facebook. I don't know how else to explain it. You add people to your contact list and in return you get access to all of their contacts, etc.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 12

That's a good description - it can be amazing to see how many people are in your "network" after adding a few contacts.

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 12

I know! I added two people and then got about 166 contacts. I also found out that one of my contacts knew my other contact, but I didn't know that. Small world!

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:31pm
post #9 of 12

I never heard of it either but sounds like you have nothing to lose.

BTW, I love when you post a message!!! LOL I have such a hard time reading what you wrote because I'm too busy staring at your avatar!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:34pm
post #10 of 12

I'm a Facebook girl...LinkedIn just pestered me.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm
post #11 of 12

I have been on it for ages...most of the people who work in high tech around here go on it...good for keeping up contacts since there are always so many lay-offs..it has really helpe

I put a link to my cake on mine...under hobbies..
You can see in a basic way who has been looking and mine said recently "someone from the entertainment industry"...lol!!! My fantasy is that someone from hollywood has been looking and wants to buy a VERY expensive cake...hahahahah!!!

Anyhow, it's great from a work point of view..and have often wondered how it would work out for cakes...

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy114

I never heard of it either but sounds like you have nothing to lose.

BTW, I love when you post a message!!! LOL I have such a hard time reading what you wrote because I'm too busy staring at your avatar!

Ha Ha! You aren't the first person to tell me that. Isn't he dreamy? LOL! I can't wait for Prison Break to start again. *sigh*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%